chriswarren
Installation Question
  • 2009/7/3 19:17

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/2 2

I've finally figured out how to install my site. Sort of anyway. I've gone through the steps several times, and have deleted my site each time. My problem is that when I FTP my files into the file folder xoop like the installation instructions I've been reading say, my site ends up having to behttp://certified-platinum.net/xoops/htdoc. Honestly I'm not a big fan of that. Can someone tell me how to get it to where people can visit it simply by going to certified-platinum.net?

GPboarder
Re: Installation Question
  • 2009/7/3 20:13

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

I haven't heard of deleting your site during installation. Are you needing to do that in order to start over, or is it just "happening" to you?

The piece that you are missing is that you need to upload the contents of the htdocs folder to the root folder of your site. You are uploading the XOOPS folder and all sub-folders.

At this point if you have the site running under the address you gave, you can move the files from htdoc up to the root directory and then edit mainfile.php to reflect the new location.

If you aren't too far into things, I suggest re-installing in the proper location.

And read this thread.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

chriswarren
Re: Installation Question
  • 2009/7/3 21:28

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/2 2

Thanks GP, I really do appreciate that. Also, I was deleting the site on my own because I was unhappy with the installation and that I couldn't get what I wanted done. I kind of stumbled onto this information while I was searching for answers. Thank you for your input though, it's nice to know I have people I can turn to unlike other CMS's

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits