playsome
Can't install 2 cloned artclie 2..00RC modules
  • 2009/5/23 20:31

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hi, I am having some problems installing 2 cloned/renamed article 2.00RC modules.

I already had one module installed and working fine, renamed to psnews, I cloned/renamed another article 2.00RC to reviews but when i go to install it I get a blank page, XOOPS debug shows no errors.

When i go back the reviews module soes appear to be installed correctly i can see the module, the admin page, add categories, etc but it causes a problem with system/admin.php, if I try to update or rename a module for example hitting submit brings up another blank white page.

I can uninstall either of the cloned article modules by deleting the xoops_version.php for some reason this allows me to deactivate the module without bringing up a blank page.

So I am thinking theres a possible conflict happening to do with xoops_version.php but I am not sure what as I cannot see any errors.

Has anyone got 2 article modules installed? the module is suppposed to be easily cloned and is there a way to get the php errors to show? it is kind of impossible to know where to start when there is no errors showing up.

I checked include/common.php error reporting is set to E_ALL, error reporting is set to E_ALL in php.ini so is there anyother way to get errors to show?

System:
Wampserver 2.0
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.1.30
Xoops 2.3.3

Cheers.

playsome
Re: Can't install 2 cloned artclie 2..00RC modules
  • 2009/5/26 1:56

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Small bump, please, thanks

mboyden
Re: Can't install 2 cloned artclie 2..00RC modules
  • 2009/5/27 13:27

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I've used Article 2.00RC on 2.3.x with success, although it is RC .

While I have cloned it (to rename it), I don't have two copies of it running on the same server. You might want to ask the question on the developer's site (although activity seems light there). Alternatively, I have notes on my installations of the Article module.

Did you make sure to closely follow the author's cloning instructions? You might also look closely at the "errors" and make sure all your SQL queries are working correctly (those that fail turn up red) and pulling from the correct tables and such.

Not sure I have enough info to definitively help you at this point. Also, the xoopsforge site is down (again) and thus I can't get to the author's file site to see if more info is available there.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits