chefry
Very Strange Error Just Started
  • 2009/5/11 12:30

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

Just started today...

If you try to make a change in the backend of the core (system) I get the message
Quote:

Taking you back to where you were

and none of my changes are made

Anyone know how to fix this?

mboyden
Re: Very Strange Error Just Started
  • 2009/5/11 20:09

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

It has to deal with the security tokens, likely. Try browsing to the page you want to change, or do a hard refresh of the page before submitting your changes. Either will generate a new security token for that process. The token will get "used" when you submit the changes (or expire if you don't). If you use the browser back button to backup to that page and try to submit it again (with or without changes), that associated security token will no longer be valid, so must be regenerated before allowing such action to occur.

Does that explain your process to reproduce this error? If not, I might suggest that you explain the process you used to reproduce the error so others may attempt the same process; also useful to say what version of XOOPS you're using (assuming latest of 2.3.3).

P.S. "Very strange error" isn't a very descriptive subject line for this issue, especially since it's really not that strange . Although attention-grabbing, better might be "Error Changing System Permissions" (or whatever appropriate).
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

GPboarder
Re: Very Strange Error Just Started
  • 2009/5/18 14:01

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

I frequently experience this error when attempting to do admin work on a site between about 9pm and 11:30 pm my local time.

I sometimes find that if I logout and login again, I can get a few actions completed and then the error starts again. This is usually my signal to go to bed.

I haven't encountered it at any other time of the day so am guessing I might be getting what I pay for with an inexpensive host and blame them for overloaded servers at a peak time.

Of course I could be completely wrong but am confident that someone will point that out if it is the case.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits