jezjones24
The Big Javascript secret
  • 2009/5/11 11:23

• jezjones24

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/23

Hi everyone,

I have found almost no mention of Javscript on this site or in the documentation.
I am having conflicts between my own onload functions and some XOOPS ones, but it is not clear what the XOOPS functions are for or whether i can turn them off.

Also there does not appear to be any way to put module specific JS in a page.
I can only add links to CSS or JS from the theme file, which is constant for the whole site.

Any suggestions on where i can find out about the JS being used in xoops.

mboyden
Re: The Big Javascript secret
  • 2009/5/11 20:22

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Not a very well-kept secret, eh? You know about them, now. You may be having a conflict somewhere, and they may be turned off here and there.

XOOPS loads js scripts from a few locations, but mainly through the theme and the templates (some through the module-header code, too, to be more appropriately W3C compliant). There are the system scripts provided in the /include directory. All are front-end, presentation-oriented (of course), and must be called from your templates. The xoops.js file is often called from your theme and includes a number of useful javascript calls. The others are called as necessary by XOOPS components (calendar.js for instance).

There are also the scripts loaded with editors like FCKeditor, tinyMCE and such.

Finally there are module-specific scripts. Done right, these are loaded via php-code to a theme-based tag for the HTML head tag, but often they are included right in the templates (and when you are modifying templates without the code, often-times necessary). Realistically either works.

Some modules (piCal for instance) place javascripts in other locations (like /common/jscalendar for piCal), so you may have to look for those as well. In the end, you'll likely have to look at the page code and search for all the scripts in use for your setup.

That help?
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits