jezjones24
Module install fails silently

So i keep having this problem and i cannot find any debug info to start looking for the error.

When i click on the update module buttons in the admin area, i get the confirmation screen with an update or cancel button.
When i click update it should tell me which files it has added to the DB.

This does not happen, it just returns to the module list page.
No errors. When i turn on debug it gives me no errors either as it is not the confirmation page nor the module list page that is at fault.

This happens with both my own Webmaster account and with another account. Also it does not appear to be restricted to any particular module.

I can often repeat it and it is very problematic as i cannot update the site anymore, if an module update fails then it should tell me SOMETHING.

Any ideas what is being checked here... and what would cause a silent failure?????

Thanks in advance.

wcrwcr
Re: Module install fails silently
  • 2009/5/8 13:44

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

can you please give us a bit more info?

xoops php MySQL versions
is it a fresh install
did you´ve upgraded XOOPS or some module
what modules do you have installed
when that behavior starts

etc......
I´m shure you´ll get the help you need

jezjones24
Re: Module install fails silently
  • 2009/5/8 15:29

• jezjones24

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/23

I have managed to fix this... so here is the details;-

My local (dev) install is a fairly fresh install but not by any real measure.
The live install has been running for about a year.
Versions:
>php 5.2.5
>MySql 5.0.45-community-nt
>Apache 2.2.6
> XOOPS 2.3

The reason i was able to do it locally is it seems that i am the Admin user.
On the live system i am a Webmaster.

Although i have not seen it anywhere in the docs, it does seem that there is some limitation on admin actions. i.e. there is One Admin user that is more powerful than others. The live setup has a number of webmasters, but it is only the Administrator account that can modify modules.
Checking in the 'modify user' section of the admin area, my account has all the same settings as Administrator, which is why i did not think it was a permissions issue.

This is not something that we (myself and my boss) has done, the plan originally was to use XOOPS for its user and group functions so there has been no alteration to that aspect of xoops.

Thanks for your response, hopefully this is the true reason for it, but we'll see...

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits