infomoz
New module: Xoops Custom Search
  • 2009/4/14 19:40

• infomoz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/26

Hi everyone.
My english is...
I have created a new module for XOOPS and i want your opinion about it. This module integrate a Google Custom search engine to Xoops.
I have looked that the XOOPS official site is using a custom search engine powered by Google. However, the results of the search appears on a page outside the site. This can make visitors to leave your site after the search! It's very interesting that the results of the search appear on one page inside your site, with the blocks and other things.
I have created a module to make this job. It has one block, that display a custom search engine box, and a page that will display the search results.
I will submit the module to the downloads section sooner, and you can test and give your opinion about it.
The module is already available for tests and maybe for use on my site. There you can see and test the personalized searchbox powered by google.

infomoz
Re: New module: Xoops Custom Search
  • 2009/4/14 19:41

• infomoz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/26

deka87
Re: New module: Xoops Custom Search
  • 2009/4/14 19:43

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

good to hear that. as for now i used google custom search + content module for the same purpose. your module can make the life easier. thanks!
Mind anchors

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits