akker1
I've opened a new site using Xoops, Looking for any suggestions.
  • 2009/4/5 16:41

• akker1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/25

I'm new to xoops, in fact this is only my second try at building a website. It's some thing I had to do for my Daughter. She got Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)and we almost lost her. So I've put to gether a website to help spread the word about GBS. As a new comer to XOOPS I don't know if I would have been able to do it with out Xoops. So thanks for all the info here on this site. The following is a little about us and what I'm doing.

We are going on our 5th month of this and things are moving slow for her. We have had our share of ups and downs along the way. I’d write all the detail, but it would be about 2 days of reading. Our biggest problem was finding info on GBS, One day she was fine and out playing and the next she could not walk, I had NO idea that GBS was out there and that it would not only change her life (our lifes) in such a way that things may never be the same for her. We go to the Hospital 4 times a week and spend hours in OT and PT. She is now just out of her wheel chair and learning to walk again. When we where in the Denver Childrens hospital they told me that she would be in the wheel chair for 6 months or longer. So for the most part she is doing better then we thought she would. Six month before all this happened she was attack by a pitbull and i thought at that time that was going to be the worst thing that would happen to her, in her life time. Was i so wrong! Some mornings she goes though such pain that it just breaks my heart to see her that way. She keeps up a good fight and is moving forward. We have gone though some setbacks, of her gettin the flu or the bug, and she is a fighter and continues on.

The things that keep running though my mind is why? I don’t understand how such a thing can happen to someone. When, if ever this will be over for her? Will it return and if it does when? Does anyone fully recover or will GBS be part of her life for ever? Doctors can’t answer my Questions they just don’t know.

Thanks, Akkerhttp://www.akkerfoundation.com

P.S. If any one could help by adding any and all info on GBS to my website. I’m not sure where the site will go but it’s what i thought I should be doing, To help spread the word about GBS. The more info that is out there for people to get help the better. The site is in the early steps I’ve still got alot of work to do. So come Join and help if you can.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits