nmshah
future of user profile module and registration process and options
  • 2009/3/25 16:12

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

I would like to know the future of the registration option/process in xoops. Currently both the core as well as user profile module deal with this process. Major difference between the two is that user profile module lets you create custom registration form.

The problem is, if you use the user profile module but need to find users, you need to use the find users function of core/system module which then lets you edit the user but based on the registration form in the core/system module. There is no find user functionality in the user profile module. I am using XOOPS 2.3.3 and profile 1.52.

My purpose for this thread to ask is there a need for both the core and user profile module to provide this functionality or would it be better to club the options regarding registration and users available in both into the user profile module.

With the new brilliant installer people are anyways asked if they wish to allow user registration, if answer is yes the installer will install the profile module along with installing XOOPS and in case of no,they dont need the registration process so the core installation remains light for them without the added functionality and options for registration which keeps the admin area simpler for them.
Probably the profile module could have a default registration form based on the current system registration form, so the people who need basic registration form can use the default one without needing to do anything much and for people who need custom form can also customize it.
It will also help reduce some confusion and the duplicate options regarding users.

Login

Who's Online

468 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 468

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits