deka87
Xoops.org Forum Topic Prefix question
  • 2009/2/2 14:44

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

hi,

i wonder if xoops.org forum topic prefix is a hack by xoops.org team or this option comes with an official release of some newbb version?
Mind anchors

Anonymous
Re: Xoops.org Forum Topic Prefix question
  • 2009/2/2 15:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Standard feature of CBB 3.08 - you can set what you want to appear in the drop-down list (and the colour of the text) in the module's preferences.

deka87
  • 2009/2/2 15:58

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

could you tell me if i can set only one dropdown or as many as I want? i have newbb running so i don't feel like cloning cbb to check this out on my own.
Mind anchors

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/2 17:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
deka87 wrote:

could you tell me if i can set only one dropdown or as many as I want?

There is only one drop-down list but you can have whatever you want on the list and as many items as you like.

Quote:
deka87 wrote:

i have newbb running so i don't feel like cloning cbb to check this out on my own.

No need to clone anything and I'm not sure why you think that you would have to clone anything. Why would you clone a module that you don't have installed?

CBB is the current version of Newbb and it installs to /modules/newbb

So long as you're running XOOPS 2.3.2b (the b is important foir CBB!) them all you have to do is delete your existing /modules/newbb folder and upload the /newbb folder from the module to replace it. After updating the module in modules admin you will have CBB and all your fourums and posts will be intact.

deka87
  • 2009/2/2 18:15

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

i meant to see it in action without updating my current newbb version.

So long as you're running XOOPS 2.3.2b (the b is important foir CBB!)

you mean it wouldn't work on other versions? I have XOOPS 2.2.x running and i was hoping to install it there.
Mind anchors

deka87
  • 2009/2/2 19:26

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

hmm got a weird behaviour. i've installed cbb 3.08 on my XOOPS 2.2. and everythign has been installed alright cept for the "bb_categories" table not being created. why??
Mind anchors

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/2 19:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
deka87 wrote:

you mean it wouldn't work on other versions? I have XOOPS 2.2.x running and i was hoping to install it there.

There' was a problem with the 2.3.x branch which was fixed with 2.3.2b - updating the module caused posts to be lost with earlier versions of 2.3.x. Sorry - I should have been more specific

The problem doesn't exist with the 2.0.x. and 2.2.x versions of xoops. You will need to download both Frameworks and xoopseditors as well as the module with these earlier branches.

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/2 19:39

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
deka87 wrote:
hmm got a weird behaviour. i've installed cbb 3.08 on my XOOPS 2.2. and everythign has been installed alright cept for the "bb_categories" table not being created. why??

Not something I've heard of before. Sorry

Try again?

deka87
  • 2009/2/2 19:42

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

Array
Insert object error:INSERT INTO U39uxs_bb_categories(cat_title,cat_image,cat_description,cat_order,cat_urlVALUES ('Category Test','','Category for test.',1,https://xoops.org XOOPS)

that's an error message

well i guess im wrong and the category table is still created.

but from th cbb admin wehn i go to "categories" to create a new one it only shows the header and nothing else. i have both xoopseditor and frameworks installed tho...
Mind anchors

deka87
  • 2009/2/3 9:26

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

and the forum is not shown correctly. it looks like this: Resized Image. i've even updated frameworks it changed nothing
Mind anchors

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits