rfelton
No Content after user login
  • 2009/1/6 18:10

• rfelton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/1/6 1

My site is fairly new. I have been the only one to post both under my admin account and my user account. I have a user that tried posting once and shortly after when logging in has no content. The header shows up and the XOOPS footer but there are no modules. I tried logging in with his info and same thing. After deleting cookies and reopening browser everything is fine until log in. For some reason it does not allow him to view anything once logged in. Last time I just deleted his account and reopened another. This time he actually has post. Also, his post are viewable but the number is not added to the module that shows how many post each use has had?? Any ideas out there how this is happening. I used debug and logged in as him but got nothing.

rfelton
Re: No Content after user login
  • 2009/1/7 7:43

• rfelton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/1/6 1

OK after 27 views and no replies I received help from my buddy Chris who actually manges my daughters Gymnastics office. He is a XOOPS head also. So after all, I guess the internet is not all it is cracked up to be. Here is the fix:
I actually had created a new group and moved several people into it that I knew I could trust so I would not have to review there post. Like a bozo, I didnt realize that I needed to go check every little box for the group permissions (missed that one). So once someon logged in in that group, volia the had less rights then an anonymous poster. There you have it.

trabis
Re: No Content after user login
  • 2009/1/7 10:38

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

rfelton wrote:
Like a bozo, I didnt realize that I needed to go check every little box for the group permissions (missed that one).

You really donĀ“t have to. All you need is to add the user in 2 groups: 'Registered group' and the one you have created. This way the user would share privileges from the two groups. For the new group you would only check the extra privilege you wanted.

Login

Who's Online

453 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 453

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits