tank1955
Starting Work On ShoutBox v4.03
  • 2008/11/8 5:20

• tank1955

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/9/7 1

We have changed direction and are going back to employing the captcha feature by using the core code captcha functionality instead of creating a local copy of the captcha class. The local copy of the class caused too many issues for those who are using XOOPS 2.3.x

The downside to this change is captcha will not be available to those using older versions of XOOPS. However, I believe this change is better for further module development.

Made some more progress today adding wordwrap functionality to the module class so the displayed text line length can be tailored to match the width of the shout frame, thereby eliminating the horizontal scroll. If a word is longer than the width of the shoutframe it will be split between lines so long url's or spammer crap will not change the width of the block.

I also noticed that several people are using the shoutbox in the left or right column which is very narrow so I am going to make the display of avatars in the shout block optional through a preferences parameter.

abinsblaue
Re: Starting Work On ShoutBox v4.03
  • 2008/11/8 6:33

• abinsblaue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/15

that is graet and im happy to see that the work On shoutBox going forward.

young
Re: Starting Work On ShoutBox v4.03
  • 2008/11/8 7:38

• young

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

another good news from you.

i would like to request a option (if this possible) where the admin can change a background image by select/insert a image url. i think this will make the shout box more colorful and lively.

Login

Who's Online

96 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 96

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits