jdseymour
Shoutbox version 4 - setting for left column

I just downloaded and installed the new version 4 of shoutbox. Great job with this module, I love the captcha feature for guest posting.

I tried to set it to the left column on my WarPigW2 site but it over ran out of the column. I had to move it to the center block to let it keep my sites theme format correct.

Is there some setting I must adjust to get it to fit properly in the left or right column?

TIA

tank1955
Re: Shoutbox version 4 - setting for left column
  • 2008/10/25 19:23

• tank1955

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/9/7 1

Go to ShoutBox Preferences in admin interface.

Set the Text Input width parameter to correspond to the width of the column.

Example: Let's say your left column is 160px wide and the module parameter Shout Input Text Type = Multi-Line Text Area. You would set the Text Area Columns parameter = 30 (note: this number indicates how many characters wide the entry box is)

If Shout Input Text Type = Single Line Text then you would set the Text Line Length = 30.

Hope this helps.

jdseymour

Thanks for the help. It seems that the buttons are too wide to fit in the column. I got the text field to fit without trouble, but the buttons caused it to be too wide for my column.

tank1955
  • 2008/10/25 20:17

• tank1955

• Module Developer

You can easily change the button names to make the names shorter. They are all assigned in the language file.

modules/shoutbox/language/english/blocks.php

trina
  • 2008/10/26 3:46

• trina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/28

Great job on the shoutbox, but I am also unable to make the shoutbox textarea smaller as well as the table around the button options. I have made the buttons smaller etc but the module is still stretching out my page. (www.gamingangels.com)

trina
  • 2008/10/26 4:27

• trina

• Just popping in

Okay after further testing, I have figured out that it's not taking my cols value. Even if I try and hardcode a value, it does not seem to change.

tank1955
  • 2008/10/26 5:09

• tank1955

• Module Developer

Trina:
I just checked out your site and I understand the problem you are having. I am wondering if the problem may be the theme style.css

Please check your theme's css file for 'textarea' settings to be sure it isn't your theme that is overriding the size attributes.

I also noticed your page has some special javascript code that says something about sliding content. Not really sure what it is doing.

trina
  • 2008/10/26 19:07

• trina

• Just popping in

You are correct! The Style.css for the theme was controlling the size of the textarea. Thank you so much for your help!

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits