Alexis
Small problems with xoop 2.3
  • 2008/10/11 6:26

• Alexis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hi there,
I'm starting a new XOOPS website. I already did some site with XOOPS a few years back but now I have some problem with some modules.

First of all XOOPS gallery :
I do have imagemagick installed on the server. But still when a user try to go in the image gallery he get a blank page. The problem is there is no error message displayed or logged.

After xoopspolls :
When a user try to vote he gets to a page telling him: taking you back where you were... And is vote is not registered. And the same message appear when you click on result in the polls module index page. And once again no error are displayed nor logged.

Liaise :
I Can't get into any admin page except the preference one. Still no error message.

---------
My setup :
Fedora Core 9
Php 5 : with display error set to On
Apache 2
Mysql
xoops 2.3
Mayby some of my problems are already somewhere in the forum but I tried searching for them and din't find anything.... So if there is already a post about one or more of my problems I am sorry...

Mamba
Re: Small problems with xoop 2.3
  • 2008/10/13 3:56

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
First of all XOOPS gallery :
I do have imagemagick installed on the server. But still when a user try to go in the image gallery he get a blank page. The problem is there is no error message displayed or logged.

I have the same problem on PHP5 (it works on PHP4). Didn't have time yet to investigate it. If somebody got XOOPS Gallery working on PHP5, please share the solution with us.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

davetbo
  • 2008/11/30 15:20

• davetbo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/8 1

I am having the same "taking you back where you were" message after editing system and news templates through the web-based template editor built into Xoops, and it was working on this same system 2 days ago. Therefore, I know it's not a version of PHP problem. I'm running WAMP 2.0 (more info at wampserver dot com), which includes Apache 2.2.8, PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 5.0.51b.

This is a critical bug, please help!...=)

Dave

davetbo
  • 2008/11/30 15:27

• davetbo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/8 1

OK, that was quick. I just figured out what was going on.

I was having this same error message ("taking you back where you were") when I was trying to edit system and news templates. I just realized that at some point I cleared my browser cache (in Firefox, using "clear private data" and selecting only "cache"). I left cookies and authenticated sessions alone (so XOOPS wouldn't make me re-login), thinking I'd be OK. However, apparently this was the cause, because when I logged out of XOOPS and back in it quit giving me the "taking you back where you were" error. Apparently something in Xoops' session mechanism relies on cached items and not just session cookies. Definitely a problem for a developer to look at.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits