simsjaj
Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2008/10/1 18:12

• simsjaj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/15

Hello all, I am doing some web design for a company that uses XOOPS for their dyanmic web content. I have set up a Wampserver at home and am trying to install all of the XOOPS files from the company's server onto mine so that I can have a neutral environment to work with XOOPS without affecting the company site. I receive an error: Cannot write to mainfile.php. The company files include: cache, images, kernel, modules, class, include, language, templates_c, and uploads. These would normally be found in the htdocs folder in a XOOPS install. Any suggestions on how I can remedy this installation issue? Thanks in advance.

Marco
Re: Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2008/10/1 18:20

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

chmod 777 on the mainfile.php
and after install, you'll have to turn it to 444

edit : i just notice you're installing on wamp. for sure right click will help you to unprotect the file
Do synergy or die.

simsjaj
Re: Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2008/10/1 21:36

• simsjaj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/15

Is there any reason why a developer would remove the mainfile.php file from the server files? I cannot find it in the company files. Can I copy it onto the server from a fresh XOOPS install package? I am fairly new to Xoops, and very new to PHP so I'm not sure about the exact function of this file, other than I cannot install XOOPS using the files from the company's server due to the inability to write to the mainfile.php. I think it's because it isn't there... Thanks for the quick response.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits