Cptrmaker
Where to put the uploads?
  • 2008/8/26 8:58

• Cptrmaker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/26

I am a beginner to this. Where do we upload the modules to? Do you leave them zipped and upload or unzipped them on your home computer and then upload them? I believe that when in doubt you ask questions. The unasked question is the stupid one.. Thanks for the help.,

raymia
Re: Where to put the uploads?
  • 2008/8/26 9:18

• raymia

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/25

do you use an ftp manager like ftp commander or something like.? where do you upload everything? you have to upload them to your public_html directory and then to uploads(it's inside the public html directory)

Anonymous
  • 2008/8/26 9:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Cptrmaker wrote:

Where do we upload the modules to? Do you leave them zipped and upload or unzipped them on your home computer and then upload them?

Unzip the modules' fileson your home PC and them upload them to the /modules directory using your ftp program. I use CuteFTP.

Remember that for many modules, the required directory to be uploaded comes "nested" in one or more other directories. The correct directory to upload (together with all its sub-folders and files) is the first one that has php files in it, e.g. index.php and xoops_version.php

Quote:
Cptrmaker wrote:

I believe that when in doubt you ask questions. The unasked question is the stupid one.

How true that is

raymia
  • 2008/8/26 9:42

• raymia

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/25

JAVesey couldn't explain it better

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits