Sully
Is XOOPS right for this application?
  • 2008/8/1 17:50

• Sully

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/1 1

Hi everyone,

I need to develop a web-based business application and I'm wondering if XOOPS is the best system to use for it. I'm hoping some of you can advise me on this.

Here are some of the fundamental things I will need it to do:

1. Allow clients to register, pay for a service using a simple shopping cart, enter their customer information into forms and run reports based on a variety of information saved in the database. Each client can only access and run reports on the data they entered.

2. Allow sales reps to register, and be able to run reports based on data saved in the database for all clients that they signed-up.

Somehow the report queries need to tie the sales reps to their clients, and the clients to their customers.

I would like the clients and reps to be able to view reports in the browser, print them and maybe even export them into excel.

3. Import and export data to and from the database using some kind of excel spreadsheet file (csv, tab delimited, whatever).

4. As 'system admin' I would also need to be able to run a variety of reports showing data regarding clients and sales reps.

5. The system needs to be secure! Simple as that. Lots of sensitive information will be stored in the database and I need to know there are steps that I can take to protect it.

6. Other typical functionality such as the ability to email groups, or users, and send automated emails after certain events, etc.

Any thoughts on whether XOOPS is suitable for this kind of thing? And if so, what modules or addons would you suggest to accomplish these things?

Thanks to everyone, in advance, for your ideas.

Sully

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits