WotPeed
Formulize suggestions for newbie
  • 2008/7/22 4:31

• WotPeed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/22

Greetings,

I'm new to website design completely, don't know HTML or PHP (but do know PERL which looks similar enough). I want to build a real simple website but need some guidance.

I want to make a site where users can select an item from a large pre-populated list (using a drop-down box to filter the list slightly). The site will take their selection, remove it from the master list so that other users can't choose it, and ad it to a list kept for each user.

I installed XOOPS and Formulize and have gotten somewhat familiar with the basics. I made a form containing the 2 relevant fields and imported all my entries (over 600 of them). But the user won't interact with this first form. I want to make a 2nd form that has a drop-down box to filter the main list, then a 2nd box or table or whatever that shows the filtered list and lets the user choose one of the choices.

I'm not sure how to make this 2nd form that the user actually interacts with. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Wot

jegelstaff
Re: Formulize suggestions for newbie

Hello, sorry for the long delay in replying. I can imagine a few ways of doing what you describe in Formulize, or in plain PHP. If you would still like some help with this, please reply here. I will monitor the thread.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits