s_sunit
Help Plss ..
  • 2008/7/9 17:18

• s_sunit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/9 1

Hi !!

I am about to start my new XOOPS site. I have downloaded & installed the site.

My doubt is how to add text/create HTML pages with hyperlinks to other pages.

Secondly is there any module through which we can do this ?

It would be really great if somebody can help me out with this.

Thanks.

stefan88
Re: Help Plss ..
  • 2008/7/9 20:22

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

there are many modules you can use, so better test them localy and select one you like.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/viewcat.php?cid=94

For example TinyD (discontinued) and Wraps from GiJoe - http://xoops.peak.ne.jp

Some article modules, MastopPublish, ... may do the job too...

s_sunit
  • 2008/7/10 16:05

• s_sunit

• Just popping in

Hi !

Thank you very much for the link. I have downloaded the 'content' module, but unfortunately it is not working.

Actually I have a very simple doubt. I am not getting how to create HTML pages in the XOOPS site ? I just need to add 4-6 pages.

Also I am using the theme 'xd_moments'. I would like to know how to activate the upper buttons ? (Home, Products, Services, Support, Contact etc.) Even I need to add pages for that.

It would be great if you can give me some hints. I am really sorry, Iam not acquainted with XOOPS. Thank you for your time & patience.

Look forward to a positive reply.

Thanks - Sunit.

Anonymous
  • 2008/7/10 17:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi, and welcome.

Sorry, but I've deleted your repeat thread. Please do not double/cross post as this annoys people

Quote:
s_sunit wrote:

Thank you very much for the link. I have downloaded the 'content' module, but unfortunately it is not working.

It should be working okay. Can you give us a step-by-step account of what you did, i.e. was the module available to be installed in modules admin after you uploaded it to your server?

A common error would be to upload everything in the .zip file "as is" when in many cases the module comes "nested" inside othe folders. The correct directory (and its sub-folders) to upload is the "lowest" one which includes .php files, e.g. index.php

Quote:
s_sunit wrote:

Actually I have a very simple doubt. I am not getting how to create HTML pages in the XOOPS site ? I just need to add 4-6 pages.

Search on here for the module "wfchannel" as this might be what you need rather the content/article/articles/smartsection type of module.

Quote:
s_sunit wrote:

Also I am using the theme 'xd_moments'. I would like to know how to activate the upper buttons ? (Home, Products, Services, Support, Contact etc.) Even I need to add pages for that.

I haven't tried this particular theme, but the chances are that you need to edit a file called "theme.html" which is in the theme's directory to make the buttons point to something on your site.

The code for those buttons needs to be edited to point at something on your site; usually they might be used to go to a module but you can link to individual pages, etc.

In other words, add the modules you want, add the content to the modules and then configure the buttons.

Perhaps if you give us some idea as to what you want to include in your site (news, forums, photo gallery, contact forms, etc) then we could help a little more.

Are there any XOOPS sites that you like and would like to know how they are put together? That's a good starting point. If you find a XOOPS site that you like, haver your mouse over the "Main Menu" - the link that appears in your browsers status bar will give you the modules name.

Hope this helps

Anonymous
  • 2008/7/11 19:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

@s_sunit:

How are you getting along with your site?

s_sunit
  • 2008/7/15 18:08

• s_sunit

• Just popping in

Thank you very much for the concern. I was very busy for last couple of days.

It's becoming quite difficult for me to take out time from my work & install the things. I have installed WF-Channel properly, but when I click on the link 'create page' .. it simply goes blank, nothing appears.

Is there any way that somebody can get this work done for me. It's installing some modules & getting a workable website done (atleast a static website with 10-12 pages). Once that is done then I think I will start improving it further.

What would be the charges ? And how fast this can be done ?

Have a Good Day !

Warm Regards.

Login

Who's Online

414 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 414

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits