GlowPlates
can i do this?
  • 2008/6/15 4:06

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/14

ok i had to redo XOOPS on the server due to a hacker getting database now that the program is back on server can i just transfer all files for my backup to the server and it will work? or is ther more to it than that..again i did not setup this website so i am working on th go with this i am looking to get my home page ect back to the way it was and commerce ect

any help?

thanks again

gediminasbyt
Re: can i do this?

You can not. Files you have a just physical files of the install. All info is kept in database which you do not have a copy of, therefore you will have to upload each item manually to you website, which in turn will update database. That's why backups are essential, good backups are a must.

2words - good luck!

stefan88
  • 2008/6/15 6:10

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi

Simple copy of files to server will not bring your site back as it was. The content and settings are kept in database!

But having files can be usefull for some things. If you had a custom theme you can restore it. It will be in the themes folder - a subfolder with the themes name. You can copy it online, but still need to set in XOOPS admin to use it.
You can also check what modules you had - check the modules folder. When you upload them, you still will need to install each and set it up.

If you have a file-compare software you can compare your files to see if any hacks are made...

For the future you can use something like backpack module or hosting CP (or both) to do backups. You can learn some things abot XOOPS and making/runing site with XOOPS from this:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57133&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0

GlowPlates
  • 2008/6/15 10:40

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/14

yea i just wish that the company that did my website and chaged me for all of it big money would have told me about all this plus they will not reponded to any emails well i guess i gotscrewed per say

thanks and i will keep trying to get this back and running stay tunde for help if need be

hahahahahah thanks folks

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits