Shiva
Need to empty templates_c
  • 2008/5/27 16:09

• Shiva

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/7/9 1

Hi All,

I am having to delete all files from the templates_c folder to refresh my page even if: Check templates for modifications ? is ticked yes or no.

Any help on this?

Thank you in advance.

Anonymous
Re: Need to empty templates_c
  • 2008/5/27 16:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Shiva wrote:

I am having to delete all files from the templates_c folder to refresh my page even if: Check templates for modifications ? is ticked yes or no.

Are you saying that your page doesn't display unless you delete the contents of /templates_c?

Peekay
  • 2008/5/27 19:20

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you change your theme, you need to empty templates_c to see any changes. The 'check templates' option relates to module template changes, not themes.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Shiva
  • 2008/5/27 20:35

• Shiva

• Quite a regular

Thanks Peekay but I am sure I have been developing in the past when I did not have to update templates_c folder in the past after updating the main style.css file. It has been a little while and I suppose I might be mistaken.
I take it then there is no simple way to have changes to theme have immediate effect without deleting template_c?

Would it be useful to others to have this option? Or to have a button in admin mode that deletes the contents of templates_c folder?

Bleekk
  • 2008/5/27 20:53

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

you don't have to clear the templates_c folder
go to admin -> system admin -> preferences -> general settings -> turn "Check templates for modifications ?" to YES
/*when you edit the theme, I do not know if this works for changing the templates*/

Shiva
  • 2008/5/27 21:22

• Shiva

• Quite a regular

That's what I am saying ... If I change the theme (i.e. theme.html or style.css) then the changes do not take effect until I have deleted contents of templates_c folder whether I "Check templates for modifications ?" is ticked yes or no!

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits