rjory
XOOPS Consultanting Needed
  • 2008/5/18 15:09

• rjory

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/18

I am a web developer and was very excited about the XOOPS ability to easily create many functions that would require a great deal of programming or difficult module integration. I had the environment installed on my server. I am a self help kind of guy utilizing any documentation that I can find.

I am not trying to complain but rather reach out for some help with this system. I was a little disappointed that there was very little documentation beyond the obvious. I did download and read several times all the documentation I could find on the internet as well as purchased the XOOPS book by Steve Atwal. Again the documentation explained what a person could see by looking at the modules but did not go into much detail about anything. Therefore it is very difficult for me, a new user of the system, to get these modules working.

The biggest problem I can see so far is that the user interface is not very user friendly, especially as far as editing the system by the end-user or manager. The only module that has a WYSIWYG editor is the content module. My uses are used to WYSIWYG editors like Word not HTML or this other default kind of editor which looks like something left over from the 70s. I at least expected a WYSIWYG editor in the News module.

Is there any way of downloading a WSWIG editor and making it the default for all modules.

Also is there anyone that I can hire as a consultant to help me with various questions about the XOOPS system and modules.

Burning
Re: XOOPS Consultanting Needed
  • 2008/5/18 20:14

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi,

Quote:
Is there any way of downloading a WSWIG editor and making it the default for all modules.

Wysiwyg editors have to be installed a part from modules. Then you can select it. You should make a search with "tinyeditors" and "xoopseditor"...

To get one editor to your forms (e.g. tinyeditor), just modify class/xoopsform/formdhtmltextarea.php. Change :
var $htmlEditor = array();

to
var $htmlEditor = array( 'XoopsFormTinyeditorTextArea''/class/xoopseditor/tinyeditor/formtinyeditortextarea.php' );

For developpers, some e-books are available here

@+
Still learning CSS and... english

yingzhao
Re: XOOPS Consultanting Needed
  • 2008/5/20 15:12

• yingzhao

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/12

Thanks Burning. I am also a fresh starter. The link you provided is really useful.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits