anderssk
Hosting
  • 2008/5/15 15:08

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/3/21

Hi'

I just found a Danish host, that are installing XOOPS trough some kind of script.
I really don't see the idea, because a user, that choose this, ar not getting any modules and don't really know what to do.

I have contacted the provider to know what version, is it translated, need any guides etc.

Have any of you experience with some providers?

That could really help XOOPS in Denmark if I could get som collaboration going with the host

anderssk
Re: Hosting
  • 2008/5/16 10:43

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

OK. At the moment they are installing Xoops2.2 with module "Private messaging" and "Extended profiles"

They are installing english language files, so they are interested in danish language packs and some standard modules.

Now I really need some help if some of You have experience.

Runeher
  • 2008/5/16 14:29

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Also Surftown.com provide a XOOPS installation i think.. If it's updated or not, i don't know,but i'll check it out... If they offer a outdated version or a set-up without protector or any modules, it can't be all good...

sadistiko
  • 2008/5/21 11:43

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

My hosting company also provide with XOOPS instalation from Fantastico pack of web scripts/CMS.
I also (but with some price) provide my clients with XOOPS instalation and advice (what modules to use nad so on).
But my site is (for now) on croatian language: www.adpgroup.hr
Croatian Xoops support site:
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

Mamba
  • 2008/5/21 13:04

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We'll be working soon an a "Basic Package" of modules. If you have any suggestions, please post them here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Runeher
  • 2008/5/25 7:29

• Runeher

• Module Developer

I talked to Surftown. They say now that they don't offer XOOPS to their customers??

According to this page they do:https://www.surftown.dk/default.aspx?docid=ef7302e6-50bc-438a-b1de-755504be89f7

Anyway, i offered to help them implement an updated version in their '1-click toolbox', still waiting for a reply..

It's a perfect way to bring XOOPS to the people...

Quote:
We'll be working soon an a "Basic Package" of modules.

Is there a time aspect on this? would be nice to bring them this pack.. i was also thinking of a basic 'help page' in norwegian and danish (Anders, up for it?) for brand new xoopsers just to get them started, as there are several other cms's to choose from in their toolbox. i think this would give XOOPS an advantage...

anderssk
  • 2008/5/25 8:18

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

I also send a mail to Servage, they have a simular "1-click toolbox"
I want them to offer XOOPS as well

At Servage I have the following CMS's running
?????
PHPfusion
Typo3
Postnuke
E107
Joomla
Drupal

You have to know Your competitor to beat them
I don't know how many of your there know the term SWAT-analysis

Thats why I think it's important to know other CMS's.

Runeher
  • 2008/5/25 12:54

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Quote:
You have to know Your competitor to beat them

Very true. I'm in the progress of buying some big machinery on wheels or belts and can't decide which to pick... one salesman knew nothing about the others equipment (and not too much of his own too actually), but the other one knew every little screw on the competitions vehicles and he bragged about some features that the competition had that was not on his machine, making you trust him right away (sales trick, i know...), but my wife fell for it... lol.

There are lots to think of when choosing stuff and good, right information for beginners is one of the things this group could start with. What if we make a module that shows up as a default module when new users install XOOPS for the first time. this could be multilanguage and help pages in different languages could show up...what do you think guys...when users install today there is nothing in the frontpage... just empty space...

anderssk
  • 2008/5/25 13:53

• anderssk

• Quite a regular

Get out of my head Runeher!!

I really like the idea of a Welcome-module in core.
The module has to show a Welcome-message for first-timers

I have seen the solution that ????? has implemented, but that is a new block in core.
If we make it as a module, first timers can actually try adding messages on the from page for the first time.

Runeher
  • 2008/5/27 12:50

• Runeher

• Module Developer

Glad to hear we think alike, Anders

Got a reply from Surftown. They use XOOPS v. 2.2.3a for their 1-click box... no modules except system module... I can't remember if i have used that version.. any thoughts?

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 258

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits