uneasyrider
Won't stay logged in!!!!!
  • 2008/4/17 21:12

• uneasyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/5 1

I'm using XOOPS build 2.0.18.1 with the zetagenesis theme.

For the life of me, I can not (nor can any of my users) stay logged in to the system!!

I've tried using the login box that appears in the zetagenesis theme, I've tried using the login block that comes with the XOOPS package, and I've even toyed with the custom session settings. I've tried using both Firefox and IE.

Nothing seems to be working, the second I close out of whatever browser I'm using, it logs me out of the site. Once I log in, I'm fine as long as I don't close out my browser.

Help!!

avtx30
Re: Won't stay logged in!!!!!
  • 2008/4/18 8:28

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/10/12

That's xoops.

From XOOPS 2.3 you will be able to stay logged in with the "Remember Me" feature.

See 2.3 in action here:http://www.nhatban.net/demo/xoops23/

Test account is: username=xoops, password=xoops

With 2.0.18.1, you may try auto-login hacked files for XOOPS 2.0.17
Xoops Demos:
http://www.nhatban.net/info/a0021.html

Catzwolf
  • 2008/4/18 9:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

No actually that is not Xoops. I can log into any XOOPS site and return later and still be logged in. (Depending on the length of the session time set by the admin).

So can you tell me if it happens to you on this website? For example:

1. Clear all your cookies from your browser.
2. Log into this website.
3. Close the browser (Without logging out)
4. Open the brower and come back to this website.

Are you still logged in or have you been logged out?

If you have been logged out, then check that your browser or any other program (firewalls) that could be clearing your cookies out etc.

Let me know how you get on.

John

uneasyrider
  • 2008/4/18 15:26

• uneasyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/5 1

OK on THIS website (www.xoops.org) I cleared my cookies, logged onto this site, closed browser, opened back up and I'm STILL logged in.

On MY web site I cleared cookies, logged on, closed browser, opened back up and I'm logged OUT.

I have 'custom session' set to 'no' and 'session expiration' set to '15'

Any ideas??

kzpublic
  • 2008/4/18 16:31

• kzpublic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/17

Hello,

I am new with XOOPS and I have sort of the same problem. I cant log into my site nor can any of my users.

When I log in using wwww.mysite.com/user.php, the system lets me enter the user name and password, then the pages reload into a blanc page with only the header and the footer. The /index.php does not show. then I type in www.mysite.com/admin.php and I get a message saying I am not authorised in.

Please help

Catzwolf
  • 2008/4/18 22:08

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

This sounds like your User 'session table' has issues and could be be needing repaired.

If your hosting Cpanel has 'phpMyAdmin' installed, I suggest you use that to repair xoops_session table ( The prefix maybe different, but it will always have *_session )

This will be down to possible MYI'. (errno: 145)
Error 145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

This mainly happens with the "xoops_sessions" table.

This is the table responsible for storing who is logged in.
It's called by the script in order to display the username.

This is not a bug in the SQL.

In order to repair this:

* Go into php myadmin.
* Backup your Database.
* Select the database in question.
* check the box next to your sessions table.

(if you unsure which one this is, select them all)
* Scroll down to the box that says "With selected"
* Select "Repair"

This will then repair the table and you script should function again.

Please Remember to backup your database before attempting any of this.

More information on SQL table errors and how to repair them can be found at:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Repair.html
http://paulstamatiou.com/2006/05/31/how-to-quickie-repair-mysql-tables-in-phpmyadmin

Hope this helps you

Catzwolf
  • 2008/4/18 22:14

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

uneasyrider wrote:
OK on THIS website (www.xoops.org) I cleared my cookies, logged onto this site, closed browser, opened back up and I'm STILL logged in.

On MY web site I cleared cookies, logged on, closed browser, opened back up and I'm logged OUT.

I have 'custom session' set to 'no' and 'session expiration' set to '15'

Any ideas??

I think your issues may not be XOOPS related at all (Well not directly anyway). I think that your hosting company may have some 'funky' session setup in PHP.

You could test this theory out by installing another script and see if the same happens.

If It does, then I suggest that you contact your webserver support and ask them if they can do something about it. If you don't have any problems with sessions in the newly installed program then we may have to look a little further.

John

kerkyra
  • 2008/5/1 15:18

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

hi i'm trying to add a second language in utf encoding. Using the new release of xoops! When i loggin i cant access admin panel! Although i have session to off still on the url it shows PHPSESION=...!!! I had this problem since 2.0.14! I've been hoping to use utf-8 encoding since then and still after all these years the same problem!!!! Anybody got a solution? Anybody has the english utf files at least? i see here you are using utf-8 encoding? What could be wrong? Thanks
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

avtx30
  • 2008/5/1 15:58

• avtx30

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/10/12

utf-8 is a must. Sooner or later XOOPS has to be UTF-8 I think.

FYI. Forks are UTF-8'ing. HD distribution is ready to use. ICMS will be UTF-8 compliant in its next release (v1.1)
Xoops Demos:
http://www.nhatban.net/info/a0021.html

kerkyra
  • 2008/5/1 16:38

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

i renamed the english language files to greek changing the code in global to be utf-8 multibytes. Now i can login normally as admin but when i try to install a module with both english and greek content if i'm in english mode (iso 8859-1) it wont recognise the greek characters in mysql.sql file. When i'm in greek mode (utf-8) it returns a MySQL syntax error in all tables to be created!!! Is this going to be fixed soon?? i need to know that...xoops should support utf for sure! I'm waiting for this for a long time...We should move forward dont you think?Ajax is responding to utf-8 how can i run ajax modules (not to many) if they dont support my language?? This is something that needs urgent attention i think...
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits