bkepl
Blocks Not Updating
  • 2008/4/16 20:36

• bkepl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/16

Hello Everyone,

I am here inquiring about the addition of new blocks. I understand all of the feature of XOOPS and have been using it for several years...Thanks XOOPS and Development team...

However, there is one problem that I cannot seem to mitigate. I have tried to add new blocks to the the Top Page by clicking YES - and the location of the block then I hit Submit. In the past it use to update the database and I would see the new block on the home page(top page).

Although, that is not the case this time. When I do try to add a new block it just throws me back to the Administrators home panel? Does anyone understand why this is happening and is there anyway we can resolve this issue?

What I have already done!

* Deactivated Modules - Thinking that one of them was prohibiting my new module to be added to the database.

* Cleared Cache

* Updated System Module

* Updated Database

Please feel free to contact me direct or reply to this forum as we greatly need your help.... Thanks

tom
Re: Blocks Not Updating
  • 2008/4/17 0:30

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I know it sounds silly but have you first of all checked block permissions, to make sure the reason your not seeing them isn't related to that.

Are you able to check in the database to see if they are there?

If you'd like to pm me, I could possibly offer further assistance over MSN.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

bkepl
Re: Blocks Not Updating
  • 2008/4/20 20:28

• bkepl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/4/16

Hello Tom,

Yes, I have checked the permissions and appears that after updating the main DB I have alleviated the problem. Although, when I want to change a block (position) it just throws me back to the Admin section (main). I literally have to go into the [edit] section of the module to change the position...

If you would like to PM me here or come to out site and register, which would be great to start with but helpful if I need assistence in the future from you...

Either way thanks for the time and dedication you have to responding to post's here in this forum...

have a good day ...

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits