wyattwang
News 1.54
  • 2008/4/8 18:37

• wyattwang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/1 2

dear all,

News module ver1.54 enables the display of scoop in the home page for certain catgories of news. Does anyone know if I can include a jpeg so that it will appear in the homepage as well?

thanks!

cheers
Wyatt

Anonymous
Re: News 1.54
  • 2008/4/8 21:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
wyattwang wrote:

News module ver1.54 enables the display of scoop in the home page for certain catgories of news. Does anyone know if I can include a jpeg so that it will appear in the homepage as well?

Can't think why not.... html codes work in the scoop so should be okay. You can add images via the XOOPS image manager in the scoop, too. Try it - you'll soon find out

Also, v1.56 is now current - get it from http://xoops.instant-zero.com/

HTH

wyattwang
  • 2008/4/12 18:20

• wyattwang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/1 2

Hi, thanks.

I can add jpeg via XOOPS image manager or via HTML code. It will appear in the actual page itself.

However, I want the picture to appear in the home page - where the home page has a block that displays the "scoop" of an item - somehow the text appears by not the jpeg. :(

any idea on what is wrong?

thanks for your help.
Wyatt

Peekay
  • 2008/4/12 19:04

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If you install the spotlight module 'XF_newsmod_blocks' you can add a thumbnail image to the 'scoop' and it will appear in the block on the homepage alongside the article summary. You can display the news category image too if you wish.

I requested a small code change for 'News' that hides the scoop text in the main article. Details are in this thread.

I found the combination of the two worked very well.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits