TheSani
MYAlbum-P, Koivi editor and Image Manager?
  • 2008/4/6 13:39

• TheSani

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/15

I have search all over for the answer to this and nothing seems definitive in its solution - so please help if you can.

It also does not appear to be a version error.

I have added MyAlbum-P as my Image Manager in the Koivi Editor for the latest release of NewBB on XOOPS 2.0.18.1.

Problem is this (as discussed all over the web) - when launching the Image Manager window one sees all ones images categorised. However - when selecting the left, centre or right buttons in this window it is supposed to embed the image into the Main window where the Koivi Editor is waiting for it to be passed to. It does not. One solution is to turn on the HTML view via the check box and then click one of the buttons. This works and one sees the embedded html appear in the editor window.
e.g.
Resized Image

Swapping back to the normal view (HTML turned off) does nothing - one still sees just the HTML.

Is there no real graphical embedding available within Koivi?

Secondly - once embedded - if one previews the post before submission one still see the HTML and not the image. Only if submitted is the image viewable.

Thirdly - viewing the submitted topic one sees the thumbnail and not the full size image - on clicking it one should be redirected to the full size image - read the HTML example above - the [URL] tag points to the full size image and the [IMG] represents the thumbnail. However on clicking the thumbnail one is redirected to the thumbnail.
Here is the link it has created from above:
javascript:CaricaFoto("http://76.163.66.108/uploads/thumbs/2.jpg");

That does not make sense and what is this CaricoFoto function? Why is the original html URL tag being parsed into this new link?

Anyone have any answers? I am just trying to find an intuitive image uploader for NewBB - selecting from ones existing uploads would be great too - hence the reason for going to MyAlbum-P.

Peekay
Re: MYAlbum-P, Koivi and editor and Image Manager?
  • 2008/4/6 14:05

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I don't know if this affects using MyAlbum-P as image manager, but to embed images from the XOOPS image manager using Koivi you need to upload the modified version of 'system_imagemanager.html' to modules/system/templates. This file used to be supplied with Koivi.

When you change this file and empty the 'templates_c' folder you should see an additional button with a 'face' icon appear under the normal L,C,R buttons when you use the IM with Koivi. Press this button to insert the selected image.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

skenow
  • 2008/4/6 15:57

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

MyAlbum-P also provided a custom imagemanager hack to allow using it as the imagemanager - you need to combine that with the Koivi imagemanager hack to get them to work together. I had done it once, but selected another gallery and abandoned the hacks.

CBB has an issue displaying the preview for any wysiwyg editor - so does Article by the same author.

TheSani
  • 2008/4/6 17:10

• TheSani

• Just popping in

Hi Peekay

Thanks - I managed to find a copy of this new template file
Found it here:http://community.????.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1231

I put it in but no luck - I don't find the new button they talk of. I am also still only getting a link to the thumbnail and not to the original size file.

Any other words of wisdom here? What recommendations do you have. I have a site that folk post a lot of photos directly into the post rather than via a gallery app. What would you suggest I use?

skenow - I have added the hack to make MyAlbum-P work as the Image Manager rather than the XOOPS one.

Maybe I should try something else! Any recommendations?

The gallery is not the big thing as said before - it is the ease of uploading the images that will be a big bonus!

TheSani
  • 2008/4/6 17:34

• TheSani

• Just popping in

Another place I found the system_imagemanager.html file

http://xoopsforge.com/ref/nav.html?modules/system/templates/system_imagemanager.html.html

TheSani
Re: MYAlbum-P, Koivi editor and Image Manager?
  • 2008/4/7 18:27

• TheSani

• Just popping in

Anyone able to answer my questions 2 posts up? Will appreciate it!

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits