AlexSolo
Need a better donation module tied to paypal
  • 2008/4/3 17:26

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Trying to use the paypal donation module for a political campaign for a friend of mine. Have run into a problem because I am unable to add any custom fields. I am not very good with php or database applications. this is what the finance man gave me:

"It is absolutely important that information be collected on the website and warehoused in a local database.
The data from the site should then auto-populate PayPal. Alex and I discussed this on Friday.

The website must collect the name, address, phone, email and contribution amount as well as the employer and title/position of the contributor.

The website must require the contributors confirm (via 2 checkboxes) if : 1) They are qualified to contribute (e.g. a US Citizen and 18 years or older, etcetera). And, 2) they funds are not from a corporations or on behalf of another person/entity. I can provide the text that the contributors must agree to before contributing to the campaign.

In lieu of a digital signature, the website must collect the IP address from which the contribution was made and the date and time of the donation.

Please create a simple interface so that I can collect this information and store it in our donor database.

--
We cannot be in violation of campaign finance laws."

....as you can see it could be quite involved. I could use
Liaise to build the form easy and save to the database but how do I also incorporate the paypal button to donate?

Can anyone point me in the right direction, suggestions or offer help in customizing the donate module or Liaise

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits