jfmoore
Xoops Donation Page w/links to All Potential Donatees
  • 2008/2/29 17:12

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

In most cases module developers do what they do in their spare time, and many seek and need donations to help. A central location for all of these links would make it easier for everyone to make donations on a regular basis which would, in turn, ensure the longevity, support, and continued development of important projects.

I think it would be very helpful to have a page on Xoops.org where all developers could post their donation links, perhaps organized by module or other contribution. Then, it would be easy to go to the page every month and pick out someone to donate to based upon what modules you want to see supported and developed or which ones you have used the most that month, or whatever. If every XOOPS user would do this every month and make a small donation to someone, even if it's just $2 - $5, then developers of their favorite modules would be better able to support and update their modules.

The way I see it working is this: We would go to the donation page every month, or whenever, look at the list of potential donatees, and pick one based upon whatever criteria is most important to us at that time. Maybe we'll pick a module because that one was more important to our site that month, or maybe we'll pick one because we haven't donated to it in a while and think we should, or maybe we'll choose based upon whom we think needs it the most. It doesn't matter why we pick a module but that we do. Then, we would click the link to the donatee's personal donation page, and, in just a minute or two, and very inexpensively considering the value we have received, we would have accomplished a very important task.

This page should, in my opinion, be on Xoops.org.

Jere

Burning
Re: Xoops Donation Page w/links to All Potential Donatees
  • 2008/3/1 2:23

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi,

Very good and open source idea !

@+
Still learning CSS and... english

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits