Peekay
Repository comments and bug-fixes gone!
  • 2008/2/4 0:32

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

For some reason, at present comments are no longer visible for modules in the repository.

This is quite serious as the comments often contain bug-fixes without which a large number of modules simply will not work.

Any idea when we can have them back?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BlueStocking
Re: Repository comments and bug-fixes gone!

Good Grief!!!
Sorry, I don't know what one would do to bring them back. This time it wasn't me. Hopefully they will be retrievable.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Peekay
  • 2008/2/4 15:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx BlueStocking. Perhaps you could bring this to the attention of the webmaster... whoever that is.

What's worrying is that I can post a new comment. This then changes the comment count from, e.g. '79' to '1'. My new comment is visible.

I hope this information can be retrieved. For example, I posted a simple bug-fix for xcGallery that even I cannot remember. Without it, the module does not and will not work properly.

BlueStocking

Peekay,
When I lost the Module repository before, I realized this was going to happen again and made a sincere effort to move or duplicate all of the offerings to the wiki where those who use it could maintain it.

A to Z listings
- Category:ModuleRepository

Attempt to category off to type of system
- category:Xoops_2.0.x
- category:Xoops_2.2or3

_ ModuleCompatibility
_ Category:ModuleArchives

- Asked_questions

Special:Search for the Wiki.
Main_Page
Special:Allpages

If you have information that is of value to yourself or others please put it in the Wiki and make backup copies.

Especially See: Asked_questions
XC people have agreed to help me which I appreciate greatly. Damaster and Plusangel

BlueStocking

Peekay
  • 2008/2/5 10:36

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Having another source for module downloads is useful, but without the comments the 'eCards' feature in xcGallery (any version) is not going to work.

Bug-fixes posted in comments often don't make it into the module distro, so having them with the module is essential.

How can the X.O. webmaster(s) possibly 'lose' 7 years of information?

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/5 11:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Peekay wrote:

...... but without the comments the 'eCards' feature in xcGallery (any version) is not going to work.

Sorry for the derail, but what's wrong with ecards? Seems to work for me (xcgallery 2.0.3, php 5.2.5).

Peekay
  • 2008/2/5 11:32

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

For some reason, xcGallery 2.03 is in the 'dead modules' category in the Wiki. xcGallery version 1.1 is still in the repository.

Version 1.1 work fine, except for ecards (recipients cannot view if I recall correctly). If they fixed that issue in the later version that's great - but not much use if it's been pronounced 'dead'.

Are the comments restorable?

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/6 12:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

Based on my experience, ecards work in v2.0.3 as does everything else. It's a very complete module indeed.

The "dead modules" situation is a bit daft to say the least. Can someone please get xcgallery 2.0.3 into the repository (and get rid of the earlier, malfunctioning one)?

I suspect that the "dead modules" tag would better read "modules in need of a developer".

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/6 12:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

Based on my experience, ecards work in v2.0.3 as does everything else. It's a very complete module indeed.

The "dead modules" situation is a bit daft to say the least. Can someone please get xcgallery 2.0.3 into the repository (and get rid of the earlier, malfunctioning one)?

I suspect that the "dead modules" tag would better read "modules in need of a developer".

BlueStocking

@Peekay,

Recent Comments

It is a wiki, use it or lose it!

There are 904 total pages in the database.
This includes "talk" pages, pages about XOOPS Project, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably don't qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 697 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.

There have been a total of 130,695 page views, and 2,900 page edits since the wiki was setup.
That comes to 3.21 average edits per page, and 45.07 views per edit.

I'm taking a break, other interests!

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits