TByrd
Ok hit me.
  • 2008/2/2 15:11

• TByrd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/26

I want the good the bad and the ugly. All tips are welcome, so please put it all out there.

http://www.OfficiallyOurs.com

Thanks to all who contribute.

Mamba
Re: Ok hit me.
  • 2008/2/2 17:07

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Looks nice, but your "frames" in the center blocks don't size, so they look strange. You should either make them "sizeable" or remove them.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/2 17:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Potentially lovely theme - just needs a little tweaking, for example, having the main menu in a fixed-height block doesn't work when sub-menus appear. Some items disappear off the bottom of the block.

Which version of extcal are you using?

TByrd
  • 2008/2/2 18:27

• TByrd

• Just popping in

Mamba:

Can you give me an example of what you mean by "center blocks" or what I should be looking at. I think that you might be reffering to the garballed text I am getting in my news and headlines boxes, but I just want to make sure. I didnt know what was causing those problems.

JAVesey:
I am using extcal vs 2.16. I noticed that problem there but I am unsure how to fix it. Any ideas?

Thank you for the input guys. I do really appreciate it.

stefan88
  • 2008/2/2 18:37

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Quote:
Can you give me an example of what you mean by "center blocks" or what I should be looking at.

they are "Headline", "Recent Post Title", "News" and so on and the background width is about half of the content width.

BlueStocking

The colors are pleasant to look at and the general theme would be very nice if, the center blocks were resize-able. and the text size could be made smaller or larger according to my needs with my own browsers ~ View/Text size/ selection

There are times this built in feature of my browsers are needed. I see themes built without considering EVERBODY gets older and their eyesite is no longer 20/20 so they need the ability to enlarge the type on the written page, if their site is to appeal to older people.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

TByrd
  • 2008/2/2 20:19

• TByrd

• Just popping in

OK, Sorry about that. My brightness was so high I could not see those boxes. I knew they should have been there but I did not realize everybody but me could see them.

Take a look now and let me know what you think. Thanks.

BlueStocking

Much better - now on the footer you have two links that are not visible because the link is the same brown as the background. You might need to try a workaround on those links. (maybe small images, like the XOOPS cbb img just above.)

TByrd
  • 2008/2/2 22:05

• TByrd

• Just popping in

Ok, took care of that. I think it looks pretty good. Let me know what your opinion is.

Also, maybe you could help me with this. Since I updated the profile my news & welcome blocks are printing "djvhbfgjh". I cant find this string anywhere. You know why it might be showing up? Or atleast how to get rid of it. Thanks again.

BlueStocking

I wondered about that, it looked like a piece of spam that gets posted regularly on my own site.

I didn't know they could do that on XOOPS blocks.

Do a search on that word in your MySQL database and see those results give you a hint.

BS

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits