BlueStocking
User error on website install need help correcting access files

BlueStocking Note: I picked this up from the wiki pages Asked_questions and reposted here for better viewing. ...bs Thanks MB for the full url caution. I will correct on the wiki too.

I just received my website from one friend who building the web with XOOPS software.

Yesterday I made some changes on the header area. When I was update my last change, I made a mistake in file zillia cliente (FTP) software. I type mu web site with .com and the correct address is .ca, then the username has a missing letter. finally when I type correctly hostname, and username was impossible to me upload the last version and appear a wrong message:

Warning: main(/ispanahoy.ca/include/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in mainfile.php on line 83

etc.,

Fatal error: Call to a member function hitcounter.php on line 131

I guess, my password is blocked and I can access the visible server.

Please, I appreciate your help as soon as possible, because my website in down right now.

I apprecciate your time and help.

Gerardo
FROM Asked_questions on Wiki.
hhttps://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

mboyden
Re: User error on website install need help correcting access files
  • 2008/1/16 21:47

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I can't tell if your error is server or PHP, or something else, but I'm assuming it's PHP. Try the troubleshooting FAQ and go through those steps to see if you can get some additional information. BTW, it's not generally recommended to publish the entire path to your files as it could open the door to hackers. BTW, do you have a backup of the files you changed? If so, upload those and see if that fixes it, then make your changes one by one. I expect you made a code error somewheres.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

BlueStocking
Re: User error on website install need help correcting access files

Thanks for the headsup on the full url. I knew better but let it slip by... shouldn't have... again thanks.

BS
hhttps://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

976 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 976

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits