kursplat
Media-Wiki Support
  • 2007/12/31 1:10

• kursplat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/31

I am looking at various forum packages and/or CMS solutions with strong enough forums that will integrate with Media-Wiki.

I see the XoopsWiki link in the menu and love that the wiki is integrated into the XOOPS site (along with the feature to jump to the wiki-only view).

However, I have not seen any references as to how we can integrate Media-Wiki into our XOOPS sites. Is this information available?

And could someone please explain the WIKI button in the toolbar displayed when creating these forum posts?

Thanks.

wiki-test

BlueStocking
Re: Media-Wiki Support

Looking at your example I see it links to making a new Wiki page here.

So I would assume if working propertly, then typing the word we wished to link to the wiki this wiki link would do the job.

Glossary_X#XOOPS
Special:Categories

Yes, it makes automatic links to the wiki sections.

BlueStocking

I invite you to add your page here using the Wiki link.
we put [open double braces] Category:Users [closing double braces] at the bottom of each user page.
That puts you into the category:users you are welcome to add yourself to any other category that applies.

Happy XOOPSing....
hhttps://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kursplat
  • 2007/12/31 1:50

• kursplat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/31

Okay, that almost makes me want to use MediaWiki-XOOPS even more. Now, imagine instead of having to know the exact title of the page, you could pick from a list of the existing wiki page names.

But that is secondary to my main question. Is this integration of XOOPS with MediaWiki publicly available?

One thing I like is that if the main software site (xoops.org) is using it, the likelihood is greater that the integration will be maintained as XOOPS and MediaWiki evolve. This isn't just another one-time integration someone did before moving on to another CMS.

Thanks.

BlueStocking

kursplat,

No, it is not just one more move. This is the real thing.

This is new innovation that makes the real difference between being number one and second best.

Currently XOOPS is the only CMS that intergrates MediaWiki for power users.

I have media wiki on my site XEU and have been bringing over content from that area... now.

Others have intergrated MediaWiki with xoops, so I would say it is publically available.

pm phppp or Irmtfan for more information.
We are still working on making that information publically available.

Thanks for choosing XOOPS...

BS
hhttps://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

script_fu

Quote:

kursplat wrote:

But that is secondary to my main question. Is this integration of XOOPS with MediaWiki publicly available?

Welcome to xoops...

Here is the answer you seek...

Xoops Forge

Before you install the wiki module make sure of two things.

You need to have these installed for the module to work.

The Latest Version of Frameworks and xoopseditors!

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits