trabis
New project for users profile/blog module
  • 2007/12/30 23:36

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I´d like to know your opinion on this:
http://xoopsinfo.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=9&post_id=6344#forumpost6344

Ideas or some help are needed!

noo-b
Re: New project for users profile/blog module
  • 2007/12/31 3:24

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

Great...another user profile..i can see that you build the module based on smartprofile/yogurt....
i have use smarprofile and yogurt, and i find it not working in my site ...too many bugs..

for me personally i want a profile module that has feature like this
- add new fields easily
- comments in profile : during the process of sending a comment, a friend/user can choose for it to be public or private - public mean all user can see the comment and private only the user who send and owner of the profile can see the comment
- add friend - keep it simple (yogurt is too complex on this)
- list of visitors who visits the profile
- country with flag image (eg. Russia [flag])
- find related user using tags : user that comes from same country you can see example from friendster.com
- online status
- option to have friendly url sitename.com/username
- simple blog - commentable/have blog category/archives/recent post/tag
- report user to admin/block user from viewing profile
- easy templates for easy modification to design
- more advance stats example
Quote:

Comment 3 Intotal, 2 new/unread 1 public 2 private
Last active 6 mins ago, 11:07 am
Profile visits 13 today, 1266 this month, 4528 all time
PM received 12 today, 1025 this month, 2017 all time
etc

p/s : you can see what user want in the yogurt - feat request
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=204109&atid=988291
I Love Xoops

trabis
  • 2007/12/31 13:55

• trabis

• Core Developer

Thanks noo-b, that is just what I wanted to hear. Some of thoose features I already had in mind, others can be implemented by the plugin system. For example the simple blog. The idea is to use a module like news for example. With a plugin it can be integrated on the profile and also in the blog view. The blog/profile is powered by other modules.
Users module stands alone as a profile module. You need to have other modules to feed him.
The friendly user name and the friendly blog name will be added yes. A log of the blog and the profile view must be done to. Maybe I will create an extra tab for stats so every module can feed their stats there. Its a great ideia!

Thanks again!
Btw smartprofile and yogurt are not finished yet that is why they have bugs. I have taken care of the smartprofile ones, as for the yogurt part there is no bugs because I don´t use the yogurt code, just some css and the enviroment idea!

belia
  • 2007/12/31 17:44

• belia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/18

most of what posted above i also want the same thing

here is what in my head right now

- ability to vote user
- most popular/visited profile
- photo in profile vs avatar in comment/forum

user should be able to upload a photo as the profile's main photo..this photo should be large in size than the avatar / make it separate ..photo is the user's photo in the profile and avatar is only to be use in comments/forum ..max width height and szie can beset ...clever auto resize is a must
- photo album, every picture has it own page..you can set any of the photo as the main profile photo and avatr

- zodiac/birthday/gender
- Bookmark/add as favorite

...Happy new year...hope to hear more about this project as days goes by..keep us updated

sorry for poor english

noo-b
  • 2008/1/2 12:47

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

Quote:

Thanks noo-b, that is just what I wanted to hear. Some of thoose features I already had in mind, others can be implemented by the plugin system. For example the simple blog. The idea is to use a module like news for example. With a plugin it can be integrated on the profile and also in the blog view. The blog/profile is powered by other modules.

you're welcome trabis...

...i got a question....so if a module is use in the profile....example the news as a blog...can i still use the news module to do the usual thing to post news in the site...will the user blog post appear in the modules site.com/modules/news/ or just in users profile ?
I Love Xoops

trabis
  • 2008/1/2 13:32

• trabis

• Core Developer

I noo-b,
You can use your modules the usual way.
In your example, the news post will apear in modules/news and in modules/users (under your own(admin) blog and/or profile).

You can set, if you want, a news category just for the profile/blog and then change your news plugin to fecth only that category. Or you can make the plugin skip your admin news if you don´t want them to show under the admin's blog.

:)

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits