jimkarvo
PHPlists and xoops
  • 2007/12/29 14:34

• jimkarvo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/19

Hello! I want to connect the PHPlists system, with xoops! It that possible?

I have XOOPS 2.0.13.2 version!

Tnx for any help!

Yours,
JimKarvo
www.pc4allgr.com - Greek community for PCs

PC4ALL Admins' Team!

AlexSolo
Re: PHPlists and xoops
  • 2008/3/13 14:19

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

I just used myiframe modules and embedded the links to the appropriate pages. In fact I used 3 as long as you rename them before uploading. 1 has subscribe page.2 has unsubscribe page. 3 has admin login. Then used multimenu to display links on page. works great. I then spent a little time making phplist blend into the web site.

tzvook
  • 2008/3/13 15:20

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

jimkarvo wrote:
Hello! I want to connect the PHPlists system, with xoops! It that possible?

I have XOOPS 2.0.13.2 version!

Tnx for any help!

Yours,
JimKarvo

Lets leave the Iframe thing for now
The answere was discussed a lot in the past, please search b4 you post.

The answere is more or less "no" due to the messy code of PHPlists and the fact that it'll be easyer to do a mailinglist module from screach...

PHPlists is a great app, but it's code is kinda messy and not so OO, with a lot of untranslated lang vars "here and there" ... It's still the best around, but "on it's own" ... not as a module.

AlexSolo
  • 2008/3/16 18:46

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Quote:

Lets leave the Iframe thing for now
The answere was discussed a lot in the past, please search b4 you post.

The answere is more or less "no" due to the messy code of PHPlists and the fact that it'll be easyer to do a mailinglist module from screach...

PHPlists is a great app, but it's code is kinda messy and not so OO, with a lot of untranslated lang vars "here and there" ... It's still the best around, but "on it's own" ... not as a module.

At this point there is nothing else available. Whether you like the functionality of iframes or not, whether you like the way phplist is coded or not. It still works. He needs a solution now. This is an acceptable work around, FOR NOW.

tzvook
  • 2008/3/16 19:11

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

At this point there is nothing else available. Whether you like the functionality of iframes or not, whether you like the way phplist is coded or not. It still works. He needs a solution now. This is an acceptable work around, FOR NOW.

First of all - there is a solution (a XOOPS module solution) - which called Xmail - try to search the forums and/or XOOPS Brasil (or contact the module auther - Giba which is always glad to help).
the only issue I got with Xmail is it's incomplete English translation ( our SEO manager translated it for me, I simply can't find the time to embed it in the module yet)

About PhpLists:
Putting it in an Iframe and acting as if it turnes it to XOOPS module is kinda funny - simply "use it as is" and don't put a XOOPS costume on it ... "it'll feel better in it's own clothes"

Now - don't get me wrong - I think PhpLists function great, It's my mailinglist of choice, simply the code is a bit of a mess ... and it don't fit turning it into a XOOPS module.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits