jfmoore
Yogurt Social Network replace Yogurt Gallery?
  • 2007/12/17 5:24

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I'm a little confused. Does Yogurt Social Network replace Yogurt Gallery, or will they both be available? If someone just wants a user gallery, then Yogurt Gallery was great.

Jere

suico
Re: Yogurt Social Network replace Yogurt Gallery?
  • 2007/12/17 11:39

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/24

The idea is the replacement. You can enable only the album part of the module if you like.
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit:http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

jfmoore
  • 2007/12/17 17:21

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

Quote:

suico wrote:
The idea is the replacement. You can enable only the album part of the module if you like.

Thanks. Looks like great work. I do have another question which you can probably help me with:

When I saw YSN, my first thought was that it would be a great addition to my small community web site. I am not a MySpace nor Facebook user, though, so I don't know much about this culture. The question is would people use this in addition to, say, MySpace, instead of MySpace, or what? What is the target user base?

I know that this is a question that each site owner has to ultimately answer for him/herself, but I would very much appreciate the benefit of your thinking on this - or of anyone else for that matter.

I have seen compliments on your work, and I thank you for sharing it with the community.

Jere

suico
  • 2007/12/18 17:27

• suico

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/24

The idea is not to compete with facebook or myspace, not at all, those are really bigger systems with many more functionalities than yogurt, it s an alternative to them but inside your site only for promoting the network between your members.
Yogurt Social Network Service
Visit:http://www.marcellobrandao.eti.br/

Will_H
  • 2007/12/18 18:00

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

YSN is a fantastic module, I recently used it for a large family's website, and it was a huge success. I modified the cockadodledoo out of it and utilized the language files to customize form areas. I paired it up with some other community style modules like extcal/gallery.

Simply a fantastic module, especially once you implement the tiny little hack to replace the XOOPS profile system. I am not sure how XOOPS ever got along without it.

jfmoore
  • 2007/12/18 22:07

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Will_H wrote:
YSN is a fantastic module, I recently used it for a large family's website, and it was a huge success. I modified the cockadodledoo out of it and utilized the language files to customize form areas. I paired it up with some other community style modules like extcal/gallery.

Super idea!

Quote:

Simply a fantastic module, especially once you implement the tiny little hack to replace the XOOPS profile system. I am not sure how XOOPS ever got along without it.

I've been playing with it, and it definitely grows on you. It's a really nice piece of work. Thanks, suico.

Jere

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits