geedee
Existing db help
  • 2007/11/22 8:30

• geedee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/12

hi there. new XOOPS user and really enjoying it at the moment...

my problem is, i have been running everything on my pc using xampp. no problems.
im just moving it to my remote server now, but the admin has already created a db.
so is there a certain way i need to export my db (with no CREATE or USE statements) so they can import it into the existing db?
i have no priveliges to create a database etc, so no go there.

thanks for any help!

wizanda
Re: Existing db help
  • 2007/11/22 14:02

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Normally you would just export it and it should be with creates etc to make the tables within the database...just import it and it should work....you can use drop tables when you want to over write a database.....
You may have troubles with character set’s if they are different, you can remove the line for these from the MySql file if you do….

Will_H
  • 2007/11/22 18:16

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Yep. When exporting your db, you can define options like whether or not you want to drop/overwrite/leave_if_exists.

Even if they have already made a db, if you are injecting directly into your db, and not through a script you should be downtown.

geedee
  • 2007/11/23 23:10

• geedee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/12

alright, thanks for the help...

this is the pm i got from them after i sent them the dump....

"Your SQL dump you have provided us includes a CREATE and USE statement which will not be run as the database already exists.

If you want us to go ahead with the rest of the statements (CREATE TABLE etc) as is, you may wish to log into the database first and ensure the collation of the database is as you want it.

Please let us know when you have done this and we will go ahead with the rest of the script."

should i tell them to go ahead with it?

Cheers for the help!

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits