jfmoore
Banners not working after I cloned the templates
  • 2007/11/16 0:15

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

On a 2.0.17.1 site, I cloned the templates and set the clone to active, and at some point after that, the banner system quit working. I don't know if it's just coincidence or not. Sometimes, the banner placeholder shows, but there is no banner. Other times, you can't see even that.

I tried setting the default templates to active, and now there is nothing at all where the banner should be.

I will probably not be using the XOOPS banner system, but, if it is supposed to work, then I want it to work. The fact that it doesn't work may indicate a problem which needs to be fixed.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Will_H
Re: Banners not working after I cloned the templates
  • 2007/11/16 14:59

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

why would you clone the template set? This feature really needs to be removed from the core.....

Search "Template Override".

Will_H
  • 2007/11/16 15:06

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

jfmoore
  • 2007/11/16 15:31

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

Will_H wrote:
why would you clone the template set? This feature really needs to be removed from the core.....

Search "Template Override".

Why? 2 reasons: <ul>
<li>to make changes in the templates
<li>that's the way it has always been done in Xoops</ul>

I had seen the "override" reference, but I knew how to do it the other way, and I didn't have time to learn anything new. And nowhere did I see "Don't do this any more. It will mess up your site." I agree with you - if you're not supposed to do this any more, and it might mess up your site, it should be removed.

I'm going to review the tutorial, but I guess that I first need to undo the mess up. Should I just re-upload the default templates and then update the System module, or what?

Thanks for the help.

Jere

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits