jfmoore
SmartSection: "Recent" block w/multiple topics
  • 2007/10/30 15:18

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I really need to be able to choose multiple topics to display in the "Recent Items" block. I made a feature request for this a while back, but it hasn't made it in yet.

Here's the reason why I think that this is important: If you want to have multiple communities on your site, with content specific to each community displayed on the community home page, then you have to be able to display only those (multiple) topics which pertain to that community. You can do this with News and CBB but not with SmartSection. My plan is to use "blankpaper" module clones as as the home pages and block holders for each community or section and then put CBB, SmartSection, and/or News blocks with all categories specific to that community or section on each home page. I can't use only News, because I also need notification by "new article published (not submitted) in a particular category", and News doesn't have this. SmartSection does.

Anyway, that's why I want to do it. I may be wrong (hope I'm not), but it seems that this should be a relatively easy hack, like "select multiple" instead of "select". I took a look at the SmartSection block, though, and I couldn't decipher just where to make the change. I see (I think) how it's done in the News news_top.php block, but SS does it differently.

So, I'm kind of stuck, because I'm at the point where I have to decide whether or not to continue in this direction or to back up and go another, so, if someone could point me in the right direction on this, as far as what changes to make and where, I would be much appreciative.

Jere

jfmoore
Re: SmartSection: "Recent" block w/multiple topics
  • 2007/11/6 22:15

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

bump

Marcan?

Anybody?

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits