jbc33
CMS Project
  • 2007/10/30 2:20

• jbc33

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/30

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on my dissertation for Uni and am focusing on web content management systems.
I've been looking at loads of different options and would like to include feedback in my project from XOOPS users on why you guys choose this system over others for your website(s).

If possible can you post links to your website(s) that use XOOPS and a quick comment on why you like/dislike the system, how it helps your site etc

Many many thanks!
Jorge

wizanda
Re: CMS Project
  • 2007/10/30 8:43

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Reason I chose XOOPS to begin is it had a great community….it also had the nicest layout and cleanest looking system at the time, with easy admin and functionality…
While being here I have learned loads as the stages of development within XOOPS systems is easy to follow….Smarty makes it you get lots of tools to design PHP and Html together with then the CSS handling a lot of the overall look….
The system and layout of XOOPS is laid out in a fashion where you can find most bits to fix or change with ease and so makes a good learning system.

nachenko
Re: CMS Project
  • 2007/10/30 9:31

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

The reasons I chose XOOPS the first time are not valid anymore, but these are the strongest points when compared to Drupal and Xaraya:

· Smarty template engine. Templates are easy to understand, can be edited in Dreamweaver design mode, yet the system is very powerful. This template system is used by meny other systems, so the community around it is huge.
· Solid groups & permissions system.
· It's inner arquitecture is easy to understand
· AMAZING DEBUG CONSOLE. Drupal doesn't have any and it's a terrible drawback.
· A solution for multiple language sites a bit complicated to use, but it works fine. Most systems can't say it.

Latest example of what I did using XOOPS:

www.anince.es

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits