drbowen
XOOPS Upgrade with Server upgrade
  • 2007/10/11 0:15

• drbowen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/28

I am in the middle of upgrading my server to new machine, new operating system and am trying to migrate the existing XOOPS 2.2.3 site to the new server.

My current server is running FreeBSD 6.1, Apache 1.3x, MySQL 4.1.18, PHP 4.4.4, XOOPS 2.2.3.

The new server is running FreeBSD 6.2, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2, MySQL 5.2.

I am migrating the old XOOPS to the new server which has a new path. I know the XOOPS version is old and needs to upgraded. I was planning to do this after moving to the new server.

Which lines in mainfile.php and which other files need to changed to effect this type of change?

Sam Bowen

drbowen
Re: XOOPS Upgrade with Server upgrade
  • 2007/10/25 23:54

• drbowen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/28

I actually solved this myself. I made a couple of errors in the transfer of the XOOPS site.

I had a trailing slash on the path definition:

define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/webpath/xoops');

Getting error reporting working was tricky. None of the errors were being displayed and I had the dread "blank white page".

Eventually I realized that

XOOPS 2.2.3

requires a different command to turn on error reporting than the "recommended" versions.

After getting error reporting turned on I discovered that I had not correctly set the permissions on:

xoops/templates_c

directory.

Everything now appears to be fully functional.

Sam Bowen, MD

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits