jonas
Why oh Why isn't there a news module that...
  • 2007/9/27 21:00

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

why can't my users simply paste the embed code that all the video sights offer into the News module when they submit a story or article?
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

aph3x
Re: Why oh Why isn't there a news module that...
  • 2007/9/27 21:07

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

why don't you try Smartsection before whining about something that actually exists?! if i can use it for the exact same purpose can't see a reason why you can't
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

jonas
  • 2007/9/27 22:44

• jonas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/27

Quote:

DefianceB0y wrote:
why don't you try Smartsection before whining about something that actually exists?! if i can use it for the exact same purpose can't see a reason why you can't

I am sorry DefianceBoy but you have mistaken my --7th grade spoiled brat-- crying for whining. But in your defense, it is a subtle difference... that being said, I will heed your admonishment and be less whiney in the future. I did try smartsection.. works great when using the XOOPS default editor... maybe that's the problem.. using koivi or spaw, hmmmm
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.[size=x-small] [ Mark Twain ][/size]...

NovaSmart
  • 2007/9/27 23:34

• NovaSmart

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/1 2

You can try AMS 2.42 RC1. I'm using it to embed the youtube video and its work like a charm ( ).

Step:
1) click submit
2) (assume KOIVI enabled), tick "HTML" tickbox (lower right of textarea) to enabled manual HTML code insertion
3) Paste your video embedded code
4) untick "HTML" tickbox... and it DONE :)
5) Submit
Malaysia R&D Company (Reg No: 001614159-X)
http://www.NovaSmartTechnology.com

NovaSmart XOOPS Module & Hack Website
http://xoops.NovaSmartTechnology.com

skenow
  • 2007/9/28 1:35

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Yep - to embed html, you need to be viewing the source when editing, just as NovaSmart indicates.

Another catch is that wysiwyg editors use scripts for their paste operations and most current browsers prevent that. The Firefox AllowClipboardHelper can help you enable it on a site-by-stie basis. CTRL-V will work, though on a Windows pc

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 257

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits