jfmoore
2.0.17.1 Upgrade Problem - instructions wrong?
  • 2007/9/24 16:02

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I posted a request for help in the Installation Troubleshooting forum, but I guess that was the wrong place, since I got no replies. Since then, however, I've learned what screwed up and am trying to fix it, but I still need some help.

In the readme.txt file of the Upgrade directory for this version, it says:

Quote:

Upgrade script instructions
--------------------------------------------

- Unzip the package
- Upload the *CONTENT* of the htdocs directory to your XOOPS root directory
- Upload the upgrade *FOLDER* inside your XOOPS root directory
- Login as an administrator
- Point your browser : /upgrade/
- Follow the instructions
- DELETE THE upgrade FOLDER YOU JUST UPLOADED TO YOUR SERVER !!!

Now this is not correct, is it? I mean, it is supposed to say to delete mainfile.php and the Install directory from the htdocs directory before uploading. Otherwise, you will overwrite your existing mainfile.php and crap out your existing installation, correct?

This is a test site, and I didn't back it up. Still, if I can avoid having to reinstall, that's what I would like to do. Anyway, going through this is helping me to learn more about Xoops, so I don't consider it time wasted. If this had been a production site, I would have backed it up, but I would still be disappointed at the erroneous instructions.

Anyway, I overwrote mainfile.php. I figured I could replace it with the same file from another 2.0.16 site and tweak it with proper info, which I did. Then I deleted the install folder and entered the address to upgrade/index.php in my browser. This time I got the upgrade choices page, but it thinks my installation is a 2.0.13 one. Here's what it says:

upd-2.0.13-to-2.0.14 Yes
upd-2.0.15-to-2.0.16 No
upd-2.0.16-to-2.0.17 No
Proceed to upgrade

So, why did this happen?

script_fu
Re: 2.0.17.1 Upgrade Problem - instructions wrong?

I see that you have been having issues. One of the "Core Devs Dave L" started a thread here for XOOPS 2.0.17.1 issues.

If you could post in this thread im sure you can get this fixed.

Login

Who's Online

380 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 380

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits