rgauci
strange behavior in control panel with modules
  • 2007/9/15 8:03

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

I have encountered a very strange problem when I am in XOOPS admin control panel. When I click on an icon module to access it it gives me the error:Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Now this happens ONLY with IE7. Older IE versions work fine. Firefox and Opera work fine. BUT if I scroll over with the mouse and a pop up of the module come up and I click on that it will not give the error. But it is very annoying because most of my clients use IE7.

Has anyone encounter this lately??? One last thing I have checked this issue with another hosting company I use and it works fine. My current hosting company Jaguarpc seems to have this problem even though I spent all day yesterday trying to solve it. Versions checked with XOOPS regarding this issue are from v 2.0.15 up to 2.0.17.

Any light on this matter would be greatly helpful
Be Set FREE!

JMorris
Re: strange behavior in control panel with modules
  • 2007/9/15 13:10

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Is this with one particular module or all modules? If all modules, what modules do you have installed? What happens when you hover your mouse over a module icon, i.e.: do you get the js popup menu?

I've seen situations when you have several modules installed that the admin section gets buggy. If you can track down the offending module, the remaining modules start working correctly again.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

rgauci
Re: strange behavior in control panel with modules
  • 2007/9/15 13:40

• rgauci

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/8/31

I cannot seem to track any particular module. Yes the js menu comes up and works fine. Only when I click on the module icon.

Now I have checked something I should have done before. Checked one XOOPS site hosted with Siteground (shared hosting) and another with JaguarPC (Semi-dedicated) both versions 2.0.16 and IE6 and IE7 and Opera and Firefox. ONLY the one hosted with JaguarPC is giving this bugging in the control panel using IE browsers.

I do not think this is a XOOPS module problem now ans it would show on the other browsers no!!!!!
Be Set FREE!

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits