apeiro
HELP, PLEASE! Most modules will not install
  • 2007/9/9 5:58

• apeiro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/9 4

Hello, I feel like a dummy, I've read through the documentation and I still can't figure this out.
I was only able to install one module by placing the folder in the module directory, the "analog clock".

In particular (as well as a couple others) When I put the folders for the "magazine" and "XOOPS2_mod_AMS_2.41" in there, they do not show up in the install page like the analog clock. They do not have README files in there saying where the files should be placed. Are some of them supposed to be in the modules folder, and others placed elsewhere? I tried taking the files and replacing them in each individual folder manually, and still nothing happened.

I really like the look of XOOPS and really want to be a XOOPS user, but I've been trying to figure this out for hours and I can't think of anything else to try. (I only know how to design old school web pages, I don't know anything about PHP and such though). Otherwise... I'll have to move on to another program. :(

WPRWeb
Re: HELP, PLEASE! Most modules will not install
  • 2007/9/9 6:26

• WPRWeb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/5 1

Modules go in the modules directory unless otherwise stated by the module creator's readme.

Make sure your directories under the module directories are chmod'ed 755 in order to make them executable. One of the biggest reasons I have seen for modules not showing is incorrect permissions on the directory and files.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of the module. Something that was designed back in 2004 might not actually work with the latest XOOPS version since the version of XOOPS that module was designed for has long since cycled out.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/9 6:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
apeiro wrote:

When I put the folders for the "magazine" and "XOOPS2_mod_AMS_2.41" in there, they do not show up in the install page like the analog clock.

This sounds like your problem.

Many modules come in zip files in which the directory that should be placed in the /modules folder are "nested" inside others. Why? I don't know, other than (perhaps) to comply with a naming convention for the version od XOOPS it's intended for.

The folder that you should upload is the first sub-folder of your downloaded module that has .php files in it. In particular, the correct folder will usually have files called "index.php" and "xoops_version.php" in it, together with subdirectories.

In other words, delete what you have uploaded, identify the correct sub-folder in your downloaded .zip file and upload that

apeiro
  • 2007/9/9 7:13

• apeiro

• Just popping in

Thanks, but
I made sure they were 755,
and the sub folders such as "magazine" is the right one with the php files. They just don't appear in the installation panel. Any other ideas?

I installed XOOPS directly from Cpanel so it's working fine it seems, other than the modules not showing up.

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/9 7:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Is your /cache directory set to CHMOD 777?

apeiro
  • 2007/9/9 7:37

• apeiro

• Just popping in

Yes, it is

apeiro
  • 2007/9/20 6:51

• apeiro

• Just popping in

Alright, this is what happens when I attempt to install
the wordpress 2.:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/primatep/public_html/Frameworks/art/functions.ini.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home4/primatep/public_html/modules/wordpress/include/xoops-wp.config.php on line 86

and this:

Not Found
The requested URL /modules/system/function.require was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
What is function.require and Frameworks?

stefan88
  • 2007/9/20 7:31

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

Quote:
anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
What is function.require and Frameworks?

for modules from xoopsforge - CBB, article and others you need to add Frameworks to your xoops. Get it from here:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?frameworks

make shure you read the readme file, as it does not install as XOOPS module.

Login

Who's Online

794 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 794

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits