Peekay
2.0.16 DHTML problem using Xoopsfaq [solved]
  • 2007/9/2 12:16

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I'm using the old xoopsfaq module for a really simple task and it works fine in XOOPS 2.0.13.2. However, in 2.0.16 anything entered via the DHTML editor renders the code on page instead of displaying it. E.g., instead of:

hello world
this is a 
new line

I get:

hello world <br />this is a new line

Images placed from the image manager appear as links instead of images.

I am hoping this is simple enough to correct, but don't really know what to look for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I use SmartFAQ for 'proper' FAQs, but xoopsfaq is small, fast and simple for what I need so I would rather hack it a bit to bring it up to speed.

--- EDIT ---

It only appears to do this if you 'preview' the entry before submitting it (I had this problem once before with the 'News' module).

Not sure of a fix, so I've just disabled the 'preview' button!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Greenwich
Re: 2.0.16 DHTML problem using Xoopsfaq [solved]
  • 2007/9/7 15:49

• Greenwich

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/30

I have the same trouble, but I refuse to remove preview button, simply we can't hide a code error removing a feature.

I don't use Xoopsfaq, the module that gives this kind of problem is newbb.

At this point I'm thinking that the main problem is with XOOPS 2.0.17, because before I update the core files I never have this problem.

And, when I rollback the changes to the old core, now the problem stills, so I'm stuck with this.

Please help me or try to give me some ideas, is very annoying to my users to deal with this problem, and suddenly I'm have no idea of what is happening.

Thanks in advance.

~Greenwich

Peekay
Re: 2.0.16 DHTML problem using Xoopsfaq [solved]
  • 2007/9/7 18:53

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Hi Greenwich.

I would have preferred to fix it, but I couldn't see an obvious reason for the problem. It will as you say, probably be to do with a new way XOOPS handles forms. It is a very old module, but simple and effective.

Any help from PHP gurus would be appreciated (it's only a tiny module guys!)
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits