vaughan
Re: Proposal for new forum structure on xoops.org: Comments invited.
  • 2007/8/28 18:54

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

but open source is still open source software and does not mean that services can't be charged for. indeed you can even charge for the actual software itself even if it is open source. do you not understand again? I would stop there marco before you dig an even deeper hole.

BlueStocking

kc0maz, please get this back on track.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Marco
  • 2007/8/28 19:11

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

i definitively think it's not an honest attitude. Accusing others (e.g me) is a well know attitude.
Do synergy or die.

debianus
  • 2007/8/28 19:24

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Please, is there any forum moderator in this site?.

BlueStocking

@Giba comment #20
More sugestions ?

Area for code snippets within the interesting Tips and other?
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/8/28 19:27

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

accused you of what? being incorrect with your definition of open-source? which you was.

vaughan
  • 2007/8/28 19:29

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

debianus wrote:
Please, is there any forum moderator in this site?.

not as often as there used to be.

JMorris
  • 2007/8/28 19:36

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

Damaster wrote:

Life is good !
Take some time and be patient until the truth come out!

It's now clear why such "server maintenance" took so long.
By the way, something unacceptable for a company.
And why the Foundation report was never released.

While such poisonous people still pointing the finger to others for their damage to the project and community, in ~ 2years they insult and expelled the XOOPS founder, frozen development, and project fork..
and they claim to give their time for free !!!

But today, Evil lost another battle and that,
that just make my day!

Unite the international community (alike all branches of a tree) and bring stability to the project with focus on Xoops.org

The XOOPS Foundation contacted me to do the server migration because they had decided to have it professionally done and was prepared to pay for it anyways. Instead of going outside of XOOPS for a solution provider, they looked inside XOOPS first.

When approached about this job, I expressed multiple times that I did not feel comfortable charging XOOPS for my services. The representatives from the Foundation insisted that I be paid a fair wage for my work because they expected professional results.

I struck a compromise with the Foundation... I charged 50% my normal rate, which is 25% of the rate the Foundation was prepared to pay me. i.e.: I gave the XOOPS Foundation a 75% discount. Payment was only made for consulting, building, and testing the new web servers; which is the services I performed.

After my contract with the Foundation was disolved, I even went as far as to offer a refund because the contract ending prematurely. It is the stance of the Foundation that I should be paid for services rendered.

And I've got the chat and email logs to prove every last bit of it.

Considering who is doing the attacking here, I was say that this is very much a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

You better go look at the log in your eye before you point out the spec in mine.

Every other service I provided for XOOPS was for FREE. All of my designs, all of my code, the hundreds of hours babysitting this site, fixing server security vulnerabilities, bringing up crashed sites, nursing these servers and dealing with a$$holes as a moderator, trying to help newcomers, etc... Every last bit of it was done as a volunteer!
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

kc0maz
  • 2007/8/28 20:12

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

As the forum structure goes, does it really matter who got paid for what? Not really.

Xoops.org is the project site.
Xoopsinfo.com is the Community Site.

both sites are own by the XOOPS foundation.

dmaster, vaughan, marco, hervet and anyone else thinking about posting an off-topic message -- The discussion about who paid who how much for what services ends here.

If you want to discuss it further, start another topic.

Now back to our topic of the 'new and improved' forum structure. Are there any other comments or questions?
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Dave_L
  • 2007/8/28 20:22

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I don't think there should be a "Complaints" forum. Based on my past experience, that will encourage people to post complaints and rants, even if they would not otherwise have posted.

The "Suggestions" forum is adequate for this purpose. A complaint can always be rephrased as a suggestion, and the forum title encourages a more positive tone.

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits