drsekhon
unable to install modules more than 15-20
  • 2007/8/4 10:43

• drsekhon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/4 1

hi every body,
i hope you will help me.i can't install all modules in modules directory.
for example, sometime after installing couple of modules, i can't instal any more. it gave the error: can't find frameworks. luckly i found framework file as well. that error disappeared after installing framework file but i can't see the lower column on module page from where we install modules after installing in FTP.

I INCREASED MY COMPUTER SPEED AND ALSO CHANGED SOME PERMISSION AND ALSO BOUGHT SUPER COMPUTER, NOTHING WORKED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

stefan88
Re: unable to install modules more than 15-20
  • 2007/8/4 11:05

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

Try to enable PHP debug mode and look for clues - ignore notices and look only for warnings and fatal errors.

Quote:
i can't see the lower column on module page from where we install modules

This usualy happens when you have uncompatible module with your XOOPS version. It will prevent all other modules to appear...

TIP: when testing new modules, upload them one by one so if the module does not apear, you will not it will not work.
Some modules require developers own framework - frameworks and editors for phppp modules and smart objects for some smart factory modules for example. Some modules require PHP5!

If debuging does not help to find the problem module, delete all modules that are NOT installed from modules folder and try them one by one.

Try to post more information about your system - web server/version MySQL version, PHP version XOOPS version, installed modules/versions. You may find xoopsinfo module usefull for colecting this ...

Login

Who's Online

329 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 329

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits