iHackCode
what kind of printer(s) do you use at home?

I use a HP 2575 i think it is GREAT (its one of those all in one network printers.. i kinda dont like the size of them ink cartridges though.. a bit small) .And i also use an Epson Stylus Color 400
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

davidl2
Re: what kind of printer(s) do you use at home?
  • 2007/8/1 14:48

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

None

vaughan
  • 2007/8/1 17:23

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

lexmark scanner/printer at the moment. till i throw it out the window next time the ink runs out.. it drinks ink & costs a fortune to replace them.

going back to either Epson or Canon soon.

I have a mutoh rj-6100 too.. which is great but at £90 per colour (cmyk) it ain't cheap to use.. and no i didn't buy the printer lol (it was acquired from 1 of my old jobs)

davidl2
  • 2007/8/1 17:35

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Contact me for a printer vaughan - i'll sort you a good deal

iHackCode

im surprised that you dont have a printer at home david. do you do all of your printing at work?

kc0maz
  • 2007/8/1 21:44

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I have a Hp deskjet 812C that I do most of my printing on. (one to five pages) However I have a number of different printers that I can use for different jobs, including a Okadata 27pin dot matrix, I use it wit fan fold paper when I am working Radio Teletype.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

davidl2
  • 2007/8/1 22:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

Bandit-X wrote:
im surprised that you dont have a printer at home david. do you do all of your printing at work?

I can't remember the last time I did a printout that wasn't work related.... the last printer I had was about 1989 - a Star LC10 if I remember

Just not much need for them - although I am looking for a photo printer soon

iHackCode

whoa. printers can be bad for u.

http://news.com.com/Study+Laser+printers+may+pose+health+risks/2100-1041_3-6200085.html
(laser printer toner particles contaminating the air)

pod
  • 2007/8/2 15:09

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Guess I'm glad to have an inkjet.
My printer is a HP Deskjet 970Cse Professional Series, about 6 years old. My mom bought it years ago to create double-sided brochures for a start-up business she was attempting at the time, & back then this thing was top of the line.

These days, it would be cheaper for me to buy another printer than to buy ink for this one.
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

rlankford
  • 2007/8/2 16:59

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

Interesting question. If you look closely at any screen shots that I've posted in the past, you might be able to discern that I actually work for Lexmark. So it's probably no surprise to learn that I have 2 Lexmark printers at home. One is an inkjet (5150, I believe). This was one of those that the people in the know would say was a good printer (relatively speaking, of course). So I bought it years ago and have never had a problem with it. It's been great.

My other printer is a color laser (C524, I think, but I still think of it as it's code name). I didn't buy this one, it was a left over after it served it's purpose in one of our test labs. So when I got it, it had over 163,000 pages printed on it already! It's really the only one I ever use anymore (still prints fine too). The 5150 is kept around for scanning/copying and any specialty printing like t-shirts or something.

I think Lexmark is at the C534 generation now. They had a sale on the older 524 models some months back and so I bought one for a family member for $200. That was a fantastic deal for a brand new color laser that, in my experience, is as solid as a rock. It's small, fast (20 color and b/w pages per minute), reliable, and cheap (especially at that $200 price!).

The reality, however, is that I don't print much. Anything photo related gets done at Shutterfly.com. I've read people complaining about Shutterfly's quality, but they look great to me!

I am, of course, speaking as a fellow XOOPS user and not a representative of Lexmark. My views are my own.

An no, in spite of the recent disappointing financial announcements, I'm not worried about losing my job anytime soo....$%$^#@ -- Lost Carrier --

Login

Who's Online

110 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 110

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits