Truelove
Module request: Buddylist, list your social network...
  • 2007/8/1 7:36

• Truelove

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/11

I would like to request a Buddylist module. For now I'm using a self-modified version of the MyLove module, which is derived from the MSLFriends module. But I'm not happy with it. It's no straightforward and a litte buggy. That's why I post this request.

I found and tested a module from Drupal, which covers my need. I used some of their text to describe my requirements (see below). Maybe someone can port this to XOOPS... It would be a very useful addition for a social network website.

Quote:

Buddy list enables users to add buddies in their social network to their user account. Users can maintain a list of their buddies and keep track of what their buddies are posting to the site. They can also track their buddy's buddies and thereby explore a social network.

You can add buddies via user profiles. The administrator must enable viewing users profiles to be able to use the buddy list option. On the View tab of the user profile, there is a Buddy list section. One of the buddy list actions is Add Buddy. Select this action to add a user to your buddy list. Administrators can also enable the Buddylist block, or Recent Buddy Content. This block allows you to see a list of your buddies and content from your buddies respectively. An administrator can also enable the Friends Of A Friend (FOAF) module to allow for sharing of buddy lists between different social networking applications.

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits