CyberGuin
Starting a new... System Module Missing!
  • 2007/7/31 3:57

• CyberGuin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/16

Hi,

I've been testing XOOPS on one of my servers, getting it ready to transfer to another server to go live on August 1.

I used the Topic 'Starting a new XOOPS site' as a guide and backed-up the XOOPS files and database. I have uploaded the files onto the new server and set up a database and imported the backed-up DB from the test site.

The front-end of the site is working nicely, however the SYSTEM module is completely missing from the control panel when I log in as Administrator. All the other modules (news, newbb, etc) are there and seem to be working - the system module is nowhere to be seen! Also, the css for the control panel is not being found or recognized, as the module css pop-up menus are looking very messy!

I've tried reloading the system module into the modules directory a couple of times now, but there's no difference. I've also uploaded the frameworks folder again, as I read somewhere that that could cause the problem of missing modules.

Could anyone please, please help on this one? I'm desparate and beginning lose hair...!

The other problem is that I forgot the DB user password I used on the test database, and so I had to set a new password on the new server database. Of course, I changed the password via the mainfile.php, but now the password is not encrypted, and is a security risk.

Is there anyway to re-encrypt the DB user password in mainfile.php?

I'm supposed be going live with the site on August 1, so any help would be much appreciated! :)

Cheers, Tracy

underdog
Re: Starting a new... System Module Missing!
  • 2007/7/31 9:20

• underdog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/21

Is it XOOPS 2.0.16 that's going live?
Some digging in the source code is needed, that's why i need to know the version

Could you check the file system to see if the system module is present?
Maybe rights problem?
Is xoops_version.php present in that directory?

Bring your shovel, we can dig together

stefan88
  • 2007/7/31 9:43

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

do you have xoopsinfo module installed?
If yes, try to update system module from xoopsinfo -> modules screen (action column).
If you have xoopsinfo enable php debug from there and check for errors (ignore notices if any)

check this FAQ:https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=276

if you do not have xoopsinfo module, read here in the comments how to enable it by MySQL query:https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=79

CyberGuin
  • 2007/7/31 13:23

• CyberGuin

• Just popping in

Hi,

Shovel in hand... thanks for getting back to me.

It's 2.0.16, and yes the system module is definitely in the file structure under /modules and xoops_version.php is within it.

It could well be a permissions thing, not sure how well my FTP program deals with those when transferring - I've just taken a look at the main /system folder under modules/ and it's currently 744.

Don't mind getting my hands dirty to do some code-digging, just as long as I know exactly what doc and what part of code!!

If you would prefer to do this via email, I'll pm you my address.

Not sure if this is related, but teh permalinks in the Wordpress module are not working either, so things like 'comments' links come back with "The requested URL /modules/wordpress/2007/07/29/tesco-customer-service-and-need-to-meditate/ was not found on this server." So any help on that would be useful as well.

Stefan88
I don't currently have xoopsinfo or protector installed, I was going to do this on the site tonight - I found the Starting the new' thread too late, and thought... I'll do those once the site is up and ready for tomorrow.

I don't particularly want to install anything new at the moment, with the current system module problem - but if that's the simplest way, I'm happy to do that.

Thank you both for responding and coming to the aid of a damsel in distress

Cheers,

Tracy

CyberGuin
  • 2007/7/31 22:45

• CyberGuin

• Just popping in

Hi,

I read the link supplied by Stefan88https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=79 regarding enabling the debug mode via the MySQL DB, and I went and had a look in the DB _config files. There were two places that mentioned the debug mode - I noticed that one of these was set at 0 and the other at 3.

I've now made these both 0 and the system module is back!!

I've also fixed the permalinks in the WP module...

Only thing left is: how do I re-encrypt the password in the mainfile.php?

Cheers,

Tracy

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits